Le Guess Who? in Utrecht is looking for a Program Intern for 16 hours per week | Vacancy for a Learning opportunity, Internship | Deadline: 04-03-2024
With the motto of Listening is the Way Forward, Le Guess Who? exists to promote sounds that are often overlooked, and to platform fresh perspectives on what is possible in music. Artists from all over the world push the boundaries of expectations and offer an insight into the unprecedented diversity of human creativity.
Over the years, Le Guess Who? has grown into a leading international festival, known for the inspiring way in which groundbreaking music is
presented. Our mission:
A playground for discovery and exploration, Le Guess Who? changes minds through music and connects communities worldwide through the power of sound.
From 7-10 November 2024, Le Guess Who? once again takes over the entire city of Utrecht, with over 150 artists performing in pop venues, theaters, churches, clubs, warehouses, and more. U? is the participative and freely accessible day program of Le Guess Who?, created for and with the city of Utrecht. COSMOS is our globe-spanning initiative that amplifies local scenes from around the world through films, interviews, performances, and artist residencies.
Le Guess Who? is looking for a
16 hours per week
As an intern, you will have a valuable role within the program team and will gain insight into the program department of the organization. You will support in the daily tasks, but we also encourage you to put forward your own ideas: creativity and taking initiative are highly valued.
The number of hours per week and the exact duration of the internship are somewhat flexible; preference is given to an internship of 16 hours per week, from April to December 2024.
Possible tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Head of Program with festival bookings (administration and pre-production).
- Assisting and (co-)programming for Le Guess Who?, COSMOS, and U?.
- Co-organizing the discourse & film program.
- Helping develop marketing & communication campaigns for specific program components and artists.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an extraordinary interest in (new) music, art and cultural developments, both locally and internationally.
- Can work both independently and in a team.
- Has an attentiveness towards socio-cultural topics.
- Shows initiative and can convert interests and ideas into concrete actions.
- Resides in the Netherlands.
What we offer:
- Le Guess Who? is an open, close-knit and eager organization with an informal and dynamic working atmosphere, where there is plenty of room for everyone’s input. Within Le Guess Who?’s team, everyone has an equal role and we always look to bring different perspectives into the team.
- The organization of Le Guess Who? consists of a small team, which gives you an inspiring and interesting look behind the scenes of the festival, not only in terms of programming, but also in terms of production and marketing.
- A compensation of € 350,- per month for a full-time internship.
Respond to the vacancy:
Are you interested in this position? Please send your cover letter and resume no later than March 4, 2024 to Christina Patsa, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be submitted in English as well as Dutch. Any questions regarding this vacancy can also be directed to Christina.
Please do not make use of this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
More information about the organisation: see our website.