The Royal Academy of Art in Den Haag is looking for a (Visual) Journalist Tutor for 0,13 fte | Vacancy for a Paid position, Part-time | Deadline: 28-11-2023
The Royal Academy of Art (KABK) forms together with the Royal Conservatoire (KC) the University of the Arts, The Hague. We offer HBO bachelor and master education, as well as preparatory courses. There is an intensive collaboration with Leiden University: students can take electives on both sides, there is a PhD program and a double degree program will soon start. The University of the Arts is located at two locations in the center of The Hague.
The Master’s program in Non Linear Narrative offers an English-language education program in which some 25 international students with backgrounds in graphic design, computer science, media studies, philosophy and journalism create new narratives using data-based research methods.
More information can be found here.
The Royal Academy of Art (KABK), the Master Non Linear Narrative is looking for a
(Visual) Journalist Tutor
What will you do?
The Visual Investigations tutor is part of the core teaching team of the Master Non Linear Narrative. The successful candidate will teach first year students methods of investigative journalism, focusing on journalistic approaches to design research. Second year students are guided through individual tutoring as part of their ongoing research and graduation project. The candidate will play an active role in defining and developing the class on visual investigations and will teach in collaboration with external partners. Where necessary, they bring in additional professional expertise. Furthermore, the candidate will also be an active participant within the educational team contributing to the department and its course with tasks involving: staff meetings, assessments, curriculum development, admission committee, introductory sessions and field trips.
- Professional background in journalism or artistic practices, with a particular interest in new technologies;
- Knowledge and understanding of investigative methods, both analogue and digital, and new platforms that can be used for visual research;
- Education to at least MA level, accompanied by an active work experience in the field of arts and/or journalism;
- Previous teaching experience at MA level;
- Ability to pass on knowledge and methods to diverse groups from different academic backgrounds;
- A high level of fluency in spoken and written English;
- The cultural competency to interact with a community of learners from varied social identities and gender expressions;
- A strong professional network with media outlets;
- You have an EU status or are meeting the criteria of an EU work permit.
What we offer you
The KABK offers you an international, inspiring and informal working environment. This appointment will start per February 2024 at first for a half a year contract with a possible extension The salary amounts to a maximum of € 5,937.77 gross per month for a full-time appointment (scale 11), depending on education and work experience. The cao-hbo has a generous leave scheme, 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus. You can also participate in a health insurance and/or a disability insurance on favorable conditions.
For further information about the position please contact Niels Schrader, head of the Master NLN: email@example.com.
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 28th, 2023, mentioning vacancy number 23-065. The interviews are planned to take place at December 5th.
Within the School of the Arts, we are working to create a community in which diversity and inclusion are the basic principles. We want the uniqueness of each individual to be recognised and welcomed within the school. We therefore invite you to apply and are curious to know who you are.
More information about the organisation: see our website.