Avant Arte in Amsterdam is looking for a Product Photographer / Videographer for 1 fte | Vacancy for a Paid position, Full-time | Deadline: 10-12-2023
Avant Arte exists to bring the work of outstanding artists to a new generation. We relish every opportunity to do this – through artworks, storytelling, and street-level interventions. We began as a cult blog about contemporary artists and grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community.
We strongly believe in the impact of art: that it can transport you beyond yourself and make you think and feel in more profound ways than almost anything else. We also believe that it can reach hundreds of millions more people than it does today.
Our vision is to inspire young people to love art as they love music and to collect works as they build their wardrobe.
Backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Shopify (including Bessemer Venture Partners and Local Globe) as well as being featured on Otta’s 2022 Rocket List, we’re a team of just over 80 building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious product Photographer/Videographer to continue to shoot and enhance our industry leading strong visual assets for all our wonderful releases. The role is based in Amsterdam and is full time, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, Basic Dutch is considered a plus.
Product Photographer / Videographer
1. Product Photography & Videography:
- Leading on product photography & videography;
- Shooting/assisting ad-hoc on location shoots in the Amsterdam area;
- Ad-hoc additional shoots at warehouse (e.g. behind the scenes);
- Sourcing additional props for shoots where required;
- Supporting the Content Producer with ad-hoc requests;
- Keeping track of ready-to-shoot artworks arriving at the warehouse.
- Preparing all product photography and video according to the website requirements, editing as required by the Content team;
- Supporting framed composite images in Photoshop as required for each edition;
- Assisting with editing any images and videos, as needed, received from our global photography network (eg. artwork images taken by a photographer based in the US) so they are aligned with our product photography and video asset specifications for the Avant Arte website.
- Ownership of image and video uploads and organisation (Google drive);
- Building and maintaining an Avant Arte image archive hard drive with all tiff files.
4. Future Planning:
- Researching and purchasing any additional equipment needed for the in-house studio;
- Maintaining equipment inventory, including warranty documentation;
- Performing regular checks to ensure equipment is functioning properly;
- Supporting the Content Producer with maintaining and building a roster of freelancers to shoot product photography/videography where required;
- Continue to optimise and streamline our photography processes.
We’re looking for someone:
- Proficient in programmes such as Lightroom, Photoshop, Capture One for Photography and Premiere Pro or Davinci Resolve for video;
- With experience working in a fast-paced studio environment;
- With Ecommerce photography experience.
More information about the organisation: see our website.