The University of the Arts The Hague in The Hague is looking for a Main Subject Teacher Baroque Oboe, number of hours per week to be determined | Vacancy for a Paid position, Full-time, Part-time | Deadline: 28-09-2023
The Royal Conservatoire, together with the Royal Academy of Art, forms the University of the Arts The Hague. We offer HBO bachelor and master education, various preparatory courses, and in collaboration with Leiden University electives and a PhD programme. Studying at the Royal Conservatoire (KC) means studying at the oldest conservatory in the Netherlands, where experiment and innovation go hand in hand with tradition and craft. An inspiring learning environment where top international musicians and top dancers teach. Our education and research is about creating, recreating and presenting. This takes place at home and abroad, in close cooperation with other organisations, institutions and colleagues both locally and internationally. Our study programmes are based on a powerful triad of education, research and production; these elements form the DNA of our institute. Our learning environment and the music and dance professions are increasingly becoming intertwined. In early 2022, the Royal Conservatoire moved to its glorious new home called ‘Amare’ in the city centre of The Hague, where it shares facilities with the Residentie Orkest and Nederlands Dans Theater.
The Early Music department is known worldwide as one of the most important and largest courses of its kind. For fifty years it has been a unique breeding ground and melting pot of talents within historical performance practice. Music from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance through to Early Romanticism is taught vocally and instrumentally by musicians internationally regarded as authorities in their fields. Joint projects with external partners such as the Orchestra of the 18th Century (the ‘Side-by-Side’ project), Holland Baroque and the Juilliard School in New York play an important role in the department, as do intensive activities such as the Ton Koopman Academy and the participation in concert series of Musica Antica in The Hague and surroundings. Due to the high quality standards applied by the international teaching team, a completed study at the Royal Conservatoire automatically counts as a recommendation in professional circles. Students and ensembles of the department win prizes at international competitions. The department is increasingly collaborating with other departments to give young musicians the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge about historical performance practice, with the integration of teaching and research in both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees becoming increasingly important.
For the further development and implementation of its activities, the Early Music department of the Royal Conservatoire is currently recruiting a
Main Subject Teacher Baroque Oboe
fte will be determined as soon as the number of students is known
About your work
As a main subject teacher Baroque Oboe:
- You teach all levels of students, from Preliminary Bachelor to Master students;
- You teach the complete range of historical oboes;
- You are an active part of the teaching team of the department and will take part in initiatives that promote cooperation in the team;
- You support and inspire artistic research of the students;
- You fully contribute to maintaining the high standards and principles of the Royal Conservatoire for Artistic Development, Artistic Research and Professional Integration;
- You are welcoming collaboration with other departments of the Royal Conservatoire;
- You are willing to eventually be on the exam committees and will contribute to projects relating to the department.
- You contribute to educational innovation.
- You have an outstanding, international career and also a warm network in the field of early music;
- You have extensive professional knowledge of the subject and expertise in academic music research;
- You are a well informed, inspired teacher with strong communication and coaching skills and able to offer students optimum guidance in their development to become professional musicians;
- For this you have a sound idea of the necessary qualification in the working world and you are capable of conveying the essential knowledge and skills of early music practice to Baroque Oboe students in the Early Music department;
- You are studious and want to continue to develop your teaching expertise within the opportunities offered;
What do we offer you?
An interesting position, starting date September 1, 2024, with plenty of room for personal input and opportunities for professional development. The position is rated in scale 11 of the CAO (collective labour agreement) for HBO (higher professional education). It concerns a structural position, starting with an annual contract. The CAO offers a generous vacation scheme, 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. You can also participate in health insurance on favourable terms.
The position is rated in scale 11 of the CAO (collective labour agreement) for HBO (higher professional education). It concerns a structural position, starting with an annual contract. The CAO offers a generous vacation scheme, 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. You can also participate in health insurance on favourable terms.
For more information about this position, please contact Teunis van der Zwart, Head of the Early Music department at email@example.com.
A job application, including a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning vacancy number 23-054. Please note that you can send your application no later than 28 September 2023.
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and believe it is important that this dimension is given space in our dialogue. That is why we are curious about who you are!
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.