Mediamatic in Amsterdam is looking for a Restaurant Manager for 30 tot 38 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Full-time, Part-time | Deadline: none
Mediamatic Eten is not just any restaurant. It is a part of the art center Mediamatic — We focus on new developments in art, science, and biology. The experimentation and creativity of our art projects extend into our kitchen. We grow and harvest our herbs and edible flowers, experiment with preservation techniques such as fermentation and create dining experiences that excite the senses from taste to touch. We serve 100% plant-based dishes, composed of local produce and seasonal vegetables. The drinks in our restaurant include wild wines, botanical cocktails, and locally brewed beer.
Additionally, our restaurant is known for our Serres Séparées, where our guests have a fine-dining experience in an intimate conservatory.
For the Serres and our bar, terrace, and restaurant, we are looking for a restaurant manager who has fine dining experience and can lead our hospitality team. You will be working in a dynamic environment with a friendly and informal working atmosphere.
We are looking for an experienced restaurant manager for our restaurant, bar, and terrace. Do you have experience as a manager in the hospitality industry and a love for gastronomy and culture? An affinity with fine dining and hospitality? Then we are looking for you!
30 to 38 hours a week
- Coordinates the daily operations of the hospitality team.
- Coordinate events and collaborate with the program department of Mediamatic.
- Ensures high-quality and guest-oriented service and an optimal hospitality experience.
- Conducts open consultations with the kitchen staff to coordinate work.
- Adequate and cost-conscious in the purchase of wines, beverages, and other restaurant supplies.
- Create work schedules for the hospitality team.
- Manages inventory, resources, and equipment and makes timely suggestions for replacement and/or maintenance.
- Sets up procedures and work instructions and monitors compliance.
- Supervising and managing the hospitality team in a motivating manner and ‘leading by example’.
- Supervising trainees.
- Creating drink-pairings to pair with our 4-course menu.
- MBO+/HBO working and thinking level.
- Extensive experience as a manager in the hospitality industry.
- Has optimal knowledge of service etiquette within the fine-dining level and can adequately transfer this knowledge to employees. In other words: knowledge of manners, serving and serving skills in the broadest sense of the word.
- You are an active and cooperative manager on the floor and have management skills at the operational level.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (and preverably of Dutch).
- Interest in art, culture, and sustainability is a plus.
- Knowledge of beverages (wines, beers, and cocktails) is a plus.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring working place for food design and production.
- An open and friendly working environment.
- A unique experience in an unconventional and artistic restaurant.
- A wide national and international network in art, culture and bio-design.
- A spacious restaurant and bar on the waterside, a unique location in Amsterdam.
- Free attendance to our cultural program.
Sent a short motivation and your CV to our email Werk@mediamatic.nl with the subject ‘Restaurant Manager’. Please send all files in PDF format. If you have any inquiries please contact email@example.com.
Please do not use this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
More information about the organisation: see our website.