Project Space On The Inside in Amsterdam is looking for an Intern All round exhibition assistant and writer for 3 days a week | Vacancy for a Learning Opportunity, Internship | Deadline: none
‘On The Inside’ is a platform for contemporary art in Amsterdam. It is based at the NDSM wharf, just 10 minutes from Central Station via the free ferry.
It is a spacious venue with abundant height and natural daylight entering through the roof. Hence, it serves both as a site for large scale contemporary artworks and multi-media installations as well as a location for more intimate exhibitions with natural, filtered daylight revealing visually subtle works.
‘On The Inside’ is an independent, non-profit organization and primarily an artist-driven exhibition-space. It features curated exhibitions that are programmed by ‘On The Inside’ and its rotating advisory board.
Intern All round exhibition assistant and writer
3 days a week
The internship at On The Inside includes the following responsibilities
- Contribute to curatorial activities leading up to the exhibition including research & communication with artists.
- Support founding director and curator.
- Conduct curatorial research and compile artists’ information and project descriptions for internal and external presentations.
- Contribute to the programming.
- Collaborate with press and marketing associates.
- Foundation research and grant-writing.
- Catalog and archive photographic, video, and audio documentation.
- Contribute to social media, website, ticketing and mailings.
- Guide and attendant at exhibition(s).
- Exhibition texts (english).
- Supporting the logistics, (inter)national transports and production of the exhibition.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office, adobe.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, well-organised.
- Graphic design skills and hands-on mentality.
By joining the small and informal On The Inside team you will gain extensive knowledge about its network of outstanding artists, thinkers, cultural organizations and collaborators. The internship provides relevant work experience within an (inter)national organization, and gives a broad range of insights into working in the cultural sector.
Additionally to the work experience, On The Inside offers interns knowledge by curators, galleries, collectors and artists who share their expertise and unique insights into working in the cultural sector.
Internships are usually for 6 months, though 4-5 months is also possible. Interns are expected to commit at least 3 days a week to working at On The Inside. Only currently enrolled students are able to apply. If you are not a student, but would like to be involved at On The Inside, you can also apply to be a volunteer.
Unfortunately, we do not sponsor visa applications. We are only able to hire persons with a valid Sofi- or BSN number.
Please do not make use of this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
More information about the organisation, see our website.