Cultural Emergency Response in Amsterdam is looking for a Finance & Administration Officer for 32 hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Part-time | Deadline: 18-06-2023
Cultural Emergency Response (CER) is a global organisation providing first aid to cultural heritage threatened or damaged by conflict or disaster, always doing so in direct cooperation with local actors in the affected communities. CER acts as a ‘cultural ambulance’: it provides quick and flexible financial support and expertise to assess risks and damages, stabilise, and implement early recovery measures. Emergency actions aim to prevent the loss of endangered cultural heritage, facilitate cultural continuity, and build resilience in times of crisis. CER also works with heritage communities to prepare for crises and mitigate potential risks to cultural heritage.
CER was established in 2003 as part of the Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development. In July 2022, CER continued as an independent organisation for the protection of culture in crisis. To stably develop and grow the organisation, we are looking for a finance and administration officer. Most of CER’s projects are in the Global South, in areas in which a crisis has also affected the financial and economic systems. You will play a vital role in the success of our projects and collaborations, as well as operations and donor management as you will ensure accurate financial administration and smooth operations of the organisation.
To help protect culture in crisis all over the world, we are looking for a
Finance & Administration Officer
32 hours per week
Tasks & responsibilities
The Finance & Administration officer reports to the Director. You will work closely with our external Financial Administration partner.
- Take care of the financial administration (Exact Online), using our digital authorization system (Elvy Online), to prepare and manage domestic and international bookings and payments (invoices, bank statements, memorials);
- Prepare and coordinate international project payments to a large number of different countries in various (complex) situations as per project agreements;
- In cooperation with the Director, oversee and monitor budget processes and expenditure of CER’s annual budget;
- Contact with the bank regarding international payments and related issues;
- Collaboration and regular contact with the external Financial Administration partner responsible for drafting the budget, quarterly reports and annual report. You support the development of these reports and accounts, and jointly you monitor the quality and accuracy of the administration.
- Assist the drafting of project agreements for allocated grants and collaborations;
- Monitor the reporting and payments of CER’s projects as per project agreements;
- Oversee and monitor incoming donations and reporting to donors;
- Prepare invoices, statements and other documents required by donors;
- Sharing information on the (financial) administration with the Director and relevant colleagues to verify its accuracy;
- Oversee insurance related issues for office and personnel;
- Support with executive as well as general administrative tasks (travel arrangements, office related issues etc.).
- Assist the drafting of contracts of employees;
- Vacancy administration;
- Prepare monthly payrolls;
- Manage the internal leave registry;
- Monitor HR developments according to Dutch laws and regulations and report to the Director;
- Cooperate with the Director on other relevant issues (pension, insurances etc.).
- You have completed a minimum of Dutch MBO-4 degree or equivalent in financial administration, accounting, bookkeeping or other relevant fields;
- You have at least 2 years of working experience in a similar position;
- Professional fluency in Dutch, and excellent oral and written English;
- You have experience and high proficiency in use of software systems for (financial) administration, digital authorization, and CRM, preferably Exact Online, Elvy Online and PerfectView Online. Knowledge of Excel is necessary;
- You preferably have knowledge of the Dutch employment and social regulations;
- You preferably have knowledge of the Dutch charity and donor regulations;
- You are highly accurate and organized;
- You have strong interpersonal skills to work and communicate with (international) internal and external colleagues and partners;
- You are flexible and hands-on, and able to respond to ad-hoc (urgent) requests.
Within this position there is an opportunity and invitation to grow. You will be professionally guided by our external Financial Administration partner. In line with your progress, more tasks and responsibilities will be added to your work.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and rewarding position on an international level, working in a small and dedicated team. You are in close contact with our wide global network of partners, taking up an indispensable role in facilitating the implementation of their projects in many different and often challenging circumstances. Being a new and ambitious independent organisation, you will work in a dynamic environment with a lot of space for your own input, ideas and individual responsibility. We work closely together on shaping and streamlining the next steps of CER.
We are looking to fill in this position as soon as possible, with an ideal start date in April 2023. We offer a gross month salary within the salary scale D ranging between ca. € 2.053,- and € 3.298,- (based on full time employment; 36 hours; 1 fte) depending on knowledge and experience. This position is for 4 days a week (32 hours; 0,8 fte). We offer a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
To apply please send your CV and motivation letter in one PDF file to the attention of Sanne Letschert, Director Cultural Emergency Response, via email@example.com, subject Vacancy Finance & Administration Officer.
- The deadline for applications is 18 June.
- The interviews are planned in the week of the 3 July.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our work, please visit www.culturalemergency.org.
Please note that to be eligible for this vacancy applicants must have a valid BSN and a permit to work in the Netherlands, as CER is at this moment not able to apply for working permit for this position.
Cultural Emergency Response strives to be an inclusive environment and is fully committed to this in the recruitment, selection and placement of staff. All interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender are welcome to apply and will be considered equally. We believe that diversity and inclusion among the staff is critical to our success and want to enhance the diversity of our workforce to reflect the world we live in.
Commercial inquiries or job postings without our consent are not appreciated and accepted.
More information about us, see our: website.