Engagement Arts NL in Amsterdam is looking for a Treasurer (Board Member) for 2 hours per week | Vacancy for an Unsalaried position | Deadline: none
ENGAGEMENT ARTS NL is an artist-led organization addressing gender-based violence, sexism, discrimination and abuse of power in the Dutch arts and design field. We offer support for individuals and communities facing transgressive behavior, discrimination and/or unfair practices in the Dutch arts and design sector, actively engaging with institutions and organizations to advocate for the creation of safer and more inclusive working environments.
We are looking for a Treasury professional who wants to help us in bringing change in our sector. Do you want to engage with us and share your expertise/knowledge?
Treasurer (Board Member)
2 hours per week
We are looking for an individual to join our board as Treasurer. Someone who is committed to giving time and effort to play a critical role in guiding the further professionalization of the finance function within our organization. In collaboration with other Board Members, the new Treasurer will become a part of the board and will oversee all financial and fiscal matters of the organization.
Board members work on a voluntary basis and are non-compensated for the position held (documented out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed).
The statutory Board term is three years, after which members may be reappointed for another three-year term.
What technical skills are we are looking for:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Dutch regulatory framework for non-profits with ANBI status;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP;
- Understanding of the funding environment for non-profit organisations in Europe (nice to have);
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who shares our values of solidarity, intersectionality and accountability, and is firmly committed to adhering to our core values. If you are excited about the work we do and are committed to contributing to its fulfillment, you will join our organization to perform the following tasks:
- Responsible for day-to-day financial affairs – take full control over cash flow planning, analysis, reporting and improvements;
- Maintain the following parameters per key activity on a monthly basis: budget | funds spent to date | funds remaining, and provide advice to the Board on this basis;
- Set up tax and cash management policy and procedures;
- Keep the administration of the Foundation;
- Contribute to the writing of, among other things, the multi-year policy plan, budget, and annual reports from a financial point of view;
- Monitor the fulfillment of the ANBI obligations of the foundation;
- Attend board meetings about once a month, usually via ZOOM;
- Take part in discussions with donors and philanthropic partners providing assurance of the very transparent use of funds;
- Take care of the annual accounts in collaboration with the (external) accountant.
Ideally, you should be available for a time commitment of about 8 hours per month (consisting mostly of preparing and attending board meetings & interim consultations). We also ask that you regularly check mail and incoming messages in the dedicated group app. Almost all mail is sent by email. Of course, you determine the layout of your work yourself, there are no fixed hours (other than for board meetings).
Interested parties are requested to send their motivation and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating: Treasurer.
The chairwoman and vice-chairwoman will then have a personal interview with the candidates. After appointment, the incoming treasurer can be trained by the outgoing treasurer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this (or other roles within our organization, please check our website for openings). Just reach out!
More information about our organisation: see our website.