Musicians Without Borders in Amsterdam is looking for a Major Donor Fundraiser for a variable amount of hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Freelance/ZZP, Full-time, Part-time | Deadline: none
Musicians Without Borders is an international organization that uses the power of music to bridge divides, connect communities, and heal wounds of war. We implement projects, develop methodologies, organize training courses, and participate in international conferences around community building, reconciliation, and healing through music.
Musicians Without Borders currently runs projects located in the Balkans (Kosovo, North-Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina), the Middle East (Palestine, Jordan), East Africa (Rwanda, DRC/Congo), Central America (El Salvador), and with refugees in Europe. We deliver training in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Greece, the UK, and the US.
Find out more at www.musicianswithoutborders.org.
Musicians Without Borders is looking for a Major Donor Fundraiser to support our work around the world, transforming lives of people affected by war and armed conflict, and building a network of activist musicians creating social change through the power of music.
Major Donor Fundraiser
variable amount of hours per week
As Major Donor Fundraiser, you will be responsible for:
- Raising money from major donors: individuals, foundations, corporations, and organizations,
- Pursuing new fundraising opportunities,
- Growing Musicians Without Borders’ profile within the donor community.
Solid stakeholder management and good relationship building skills are a requirement to succeed in this role.
You will work in close collaboration with the Management Team (Director, Strategic, Programs, and Finance Managers) and Communications Manager to design and implement a fundraising strategy in alignment with the overall organizational strategy. You will report to the Executive Director.
The focus of the position is to grow the major gift portfolio, to increase the number of donors and size of gift and to meet annual income targets. To do this, you will follow the strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors with a focus on major gifts and legacies. You liaise with colleagues across the organization to support organizational objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Pursue and convert new fundraising opportunities with private donors, corporations, foundations, and large charities,
- Manage, develop, and grow income from the existing portfolio of major donors and prospects (focus on major donors in the Netherlands, expand regular private donor programs),
- Develop and leverage contacts with high-profile ambassadors of Musicians Without Borders, both Dutch and international, and existing large donor contacts (e.g. music industry),
- Develop and implement legacy strategy,
- Where conducive to the fundraising strategy, organize or attend events on behalf of Musicians Without Borders,
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues and management and communications teams,
- Maintain an efficient and organized donor stewardship system.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Commitment to Musicians Without Borders’ mission and values and to the power of the arts in social change,
- Demonstrated success and network relevant to the role,
- Relationship management: highly developed communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures demonstrating tact, self-confidence, out-of-the-box thinking and diplomacy,
- Ability to work fluently in Dutch and English,
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills,
- A strong ability to work both independently and as a member of a team,
- An ability to take initiative, contribute actively to quick decision making and to organize work efficiently and effectively,
- Availability work on a regular basis in the Netherlands, mainly from Amsterdam.
Education and experience:
- HBO+ degree, HEAO or related,
- 5 years major donor fundraising experience and demonstrated success in the nonprofit field,
- Experience with developing and running fundraising campaigns,
- Experience with budget responsibility.
What we offer
We offer the possibility to work in an international environment where you interact with different cultures, nationalities, and languages, a challenging environment of a fast-paced growing international NGO, working within a flexible yet professional and friendly team with different areas of expertise. Musicians Without Borders endeavors to support staff professional development and well-being, embedding such principles through policies and internal organizational training.
Are you a freelancer? We accept your application! The service fee will be negotiated depending on profile and experience.
NB: Musicians Without Borders’ Head Office is based in Amsterdam. Colleagues based in the Netherlands have access to the office space; however, due to COVID, our staff currently functions primarily through online platforms.
Interested? Please send your letter of application and CV in English, to Laura Hassler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not make use this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
More information about our organisation: see our website.