Europeana Foundation in Den Haag / Brussel is looking for a Head of External Relations and Advocacy for 40 hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Fulltime | Deadline: none
The Europeana Foundation is one of the key players in the digital cultural world. An independent, non-profit organisation we operate the Europeana platform, which empowers the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation. That work and our contribution to other digital initiatives helps to develop an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
With staff based in five countries, our international team operates in a hybrid working culture. Our team based in the Netherlands has the flexibility to come to work at our office or to work remotely. Our main office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Our teams based in Belgium, France, Italy and the United Kingdom work fully remotely from there.
As head of external relations and advocacy at the Europeana Foundation you will manage and develop strategic relationships and maximise the impact of Europeana communications and brand.
Head of External Relations and Advocacy
Location – Brussels (Belgium) or The Hague (The Netherlands)
40 hours per week
As head of external relations and advocacy at the Europeana Foundation, you will manage and develop strategic positioning and relationships to maximise the impact of the Europeana brand in the digital cultural heritage landscape and contribute to strengthening Europeana’s role vis a vis Member States.
Working directly with the General Director, you will develop narrative and messaging that promotes organisational values and objectives and develop the strategy for engaging with key EU stakeholders.
Working closely with the MarComms team and the Member States Liaison officer, you will develop and deliver an advocacy and stakeholder engagement strategy to support an integrated organisational approach to communications, marketing and stakeholder engagement and you will lead corporate communications and advocacy activities as part of that approach.
This position is key to the success of Europeana as it creates understanding and awareness of the organisation, the value it provides and its role in the cultural, digital and political landscape.
Occasional work-related travel to The Hague would be required if based in Brussels, and to Brussels, if based in The Hague.
- Identify and develop relationships and opportunities for engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders in EU policy circles
- Advise the Senior Management Team on strategic communication issues
- Provide strategic advice to the General Director on developments in EU policy areas that affect Europeana Foundation and its partners, in particular the digital and cultural agenda, as well as relevant legislative and regulatory changes
- Manage and develop Europeana and Europeana Foundation’s brand positioning and messaging
- Develop a strategic advocacy and stakeholder engagement strategy and oversee tactical corporate communication and advocacy plans
- Represent the organisation at meetings, events, and working groups
- Present on the developments of Europeana and the Europeana Foundation
- Oversee reputation in relevant key media.
Knowledge and Experience required
- 10 years+ professional experience in communications and advocacy at a strategic level
- Proven networking skills, with the ability to engage effectively with a range of people from different backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience of working with and securing buy-in from senior executive-level partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of EU policy
- Established network in EU policy circles and media
- Awareness and understanding of the strategic communications and advocacy landscape including digital and new platforms
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Second European language (preferably French).
Salary and benefits
- A monthly gross salary between EUR 4,600 – 5,500 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a thirteenth-month bonus
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with possibility of extension (this position is permanent in the organisation)
- 42 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment)
- A pension scheme will be based on the country where you are operating from, if applicable
- An inspiring work environment and an international organisational culture
- A hybrid working model with the flexibility to work at the office or remotely (for staff based in The Netherlands)
- We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home
- Commuting costs compensation for people based in the Netherlands
How to apply
- The position is open until filled
- You must have a valid working permit to work in Belgium or the Netherlands.
- If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europeana Foundation is committed to principles of diversity, inclusivity, nondiscriminatory practice and equal opportunity for all applicants.
Please do not make use this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
For more information, see our website.