ELIA in Amsterdam is looking for a Projects Intern for 32 hours per week | Vacancy for a Learning opportunity, Internship | Deadline: 15-08-2022
ELIA is a globally connected European network that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 260 members in 48 countries, it represents over 300.000 students in all arts disciplines. The cross-disciplinary quality makes ELIA unique as a network. ELIA advocates for higher arts education by empowering and creating new opportunities for its members, facilitating the exchange of knowledge and working towards social justice models of practice. ELIA collaborates with partner networks around the world.
32 hours per week
Are you interested in developing international projects for the higher arts education sector? Would you like to upgrade your skills in international project management? ELIA is looking for a driven Intern to assist in a variety of tactical and logistical tasks associated with ELIA projects, events and working groups. The Projects Intern should have some experience in project management and an ability to work independently. Excellent organisational skills and a proactive attitude are a must. Experience in an international context is a preference.
The Projects Intern will assist the ELIA Head of Programmes and the ELIA Team with:
- Assisting with projects planning;
- Supporting the communication activities regarding projects and other ELIA events and activities;
- Planning meetings and preparing work materials, drafting reports, and following up with partners
- Assist with communications with project partners and other parties involved
- Higher education qualification in Project and/or Cultural Management or similar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with different groups and cultures;
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good technical and IT skills;
- Self-motivated, pro-active, well-organised, efficient;
- Knowledge of project management tools is a pre.
What ELIA offers
- A great professional opportunity filled with challenges and responsibility;
- A hands-on experience;
- A worthy upgrade of your resume;
- A monthly internship allowance;
- A unique opportunity to learn about project management in the cultural and education sectors;
- Fun colleagues and a workplace in Amsterdam in a creative and inspiring workspace with the possibility to combine with remote working;
- The opportunity to build an international network in the arts, culture and education sectors.
Please apply in English by email, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to Barbara Revelli, ELIA Head of Programmes at email@example.com by Monday 15 August 2022.
Interviews will take place in the week of 22 August 2022, on Zoom.
ELIA strives to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive, supportive environment for a team from diverse communities, and cultural backgrounds.
NB: living in Amsterdam is very expensive and accommodation can be hard to find. Please consider this when applying from outside The Netherlands. Candidates must have a valid residence permit for the Netherlands.
More information about the organisation: see our website.