International Documentary Filmfestival Amsterdam in Amsterdam is looking for a Personal Assistant for 16 to 40 hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Fulltime, Parttime | Sluitingsdatum: 01-07-2022
IDFA is the world’s leading institution dedicated to the art and industry of documentary film and new media. Each November, IDFA presents documentary films and new media projects to around 300.000 visitors. IDFA also organizes activities for professionals that attract around 3.000 international guests.
At IDFA we’re looking for a Personal Assistant to join our team.
As a personal assistant (PA) you perform secretarial work and provide IDFA’s Artistic Director (AD) with day-to-day administrative support. Your duties include answering phone calls and managing correspondence, scheduling appointments, and making travel arrangements. You may also be required to organize events.
In this position you have multifaceted responsibilities and functions throughout the year leading up to the intensive workload before and during the annual international film festival.
The Personal Assistant is a part of the Office Department and managed by the Artistic Director.
Tasks & responsibilities:
Tasks revolve around maximizing the time and focus of the Artistic Director and such include:
- Managing the agenda: proposing, accepting, declining and modifying regular as well as one-off meetings with the AD both online and onsite;
- Coordination of meetings and activities: setting up internal and external online and onsite meetings, and coordinating business travel logistics for the AD;
- Reminding the AD of important tasks and deadlines;
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients;
- Communication & writing: taking briefs from the AD to prepare any time-consuming drafts, reports and other correspondences, and note taking;
- Coordinating special events: setting up small events such as a presentation, coordinating with the technical team, preparing refreshments if needed;
- Documentations: well-organized administrative records including trip reports, expenses proofs, scans and minutes;
- IDFA’s software and platforms: using the software and databases.
Point of contact towards other staff and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Dutch both spoken and written;
- Proficiency in modern software soft skills such as operating MS Office software;
- Ability to learn and adapt software skills to navigate and use IDFA’s platform efficiently (this includes the database and software of project planning, presentation, video conferencing, a.o.);
- Profound writing skills both formal and casual (notes, minutes, briefs, reports, and emails);
- High organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to adapt to IDFA’s intercultural and international work ethics and sensibilities of an international, multicultural, and inclusive modern work environment;
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Tact and diplomacy.
All employees at IDFA are expected to be creative, curious, flexible, stress-resistant, communicative and good at working together. The Personal Assistant is also expected to provide the following competencies:
- Adaptability. Keywords: (empathy, changes, flexibility)
- Planning and organizing
What do we offer?
- This job is rated in the function Producer 3 of the generic function house of IDFA. The salary falls within scale 4. The scale has 10 periodicals, starting at €1.965,00 and ending at €3.088,0. We are searching for a candidate in the 2nd part of the scale.
- Part-time during the months of December upon and including July: 16 hours per week;
- Full-time during the months of August through November: 40 hours per week with expected overtime;
- The working hours can be split between work-from-home and work in office, depending on person and agreement;
- The position is initially filled out on the basis of annual contracts, but freelance is negotiable.
IDFA is a collection of passionate, driven people with different experiences and personalities. IDFA wants to be an organization that offers space to everyone. Talent is the basis, and diversity is the strength to achieve better results. At IDFA, we believe it is important that you can simply be yourself. That is why we are curious who you are!
Do you recognize yourself in this position? Then we would like to get in touch with you! Click on the application button and upload your cover letter and CV, before July 1.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Saskia Knol, HR Manager: 020 262 07 52.
More information about the organisation: see our website.