Space & Matter in Amsterdam is looking for a Jr. Operations Manager for 32-40 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Fulltime, Parttime | Deadline: none
An architecture office by origin, Space&Matter is now a thriving ecosystem focused on improving the built environment and creating places that thrive within planetary and social boundaries. And we just got started!
We launch new ventures – supported by our shared service centre and industry knowledge – in order to achieve our mission and work according to our values. Our ventures are Space & Matter, Common City Development, BoomBuilds, CrowdBuilding and Sumowala.
Together, our ecosystem is on a mission to realise one million square metres ‘within the Doughnut’ and rewild an equal amount of nature by 2030.
Are you the Jr. Operations Manager we’re looking for and ready to join us in our mission? Read on!
Jr. Operations Manager
32-40 hours a week
About the role
In this role you will support the CEO across numerous operational activities to make sure that our key processes run smoothly and our different ventures are supported well.
We are just getting started with our ecosystem model which is why there will be lots of room for growth in this role on the long-term.
You’re activities will include:
- Managing the recruitment processes
- Keeping our vacancies and recruitment tool (Homerun) up to date
- Following up with candidates & scheduling interviews
- Work with hiring managers to ensure the hiring process is smooth
- Keeping track of our wiki-tool Coda
- Ensure people can find the information they need
- Support in setting up new processes
- Scheduling HR related activities
- Keeping the overview on HR admin (e.g., contract renewals)
- Scheduling reviews for team members
- Helping with onboarding of new hires
- Office & communication
- Planning team-wide updates and working with the team to get the right updates
- Managing the admin side of our tools (e.g., Google Workspace, Coda, Slack)
- Office management related tasks where needed
- Directly supporting the CEO
You’ll report directly to our CEO, Ernestien Idenburg.
The type of person we’re looking for
- You care deeply about making the world a better place and see money as a means to an end, not the end-goal itself.
- You love to learn. You are reflective and not afraid to make mistakes. You’re aware of what you don’t know.
- You’re highly organised and collaborative. You’re a hands-on self-starter who’s able to structure and keep the overview across many tasks.
- You’re proactive and reliable. You take responsibility for what you start and you do as you say. You get sh*t done!
- You are a peoples person and like to have fun!
- Coachable, motivated & eager to learn
- Independent, organised & able to be representative towards candidates
- Get Sh*t done mentality
- Fluency in Dutch & English
Things that make your application stand out
- 1-3 years of professional work experience
- Previous experience with operational work in a small team
What we offer
- Working on an ambitious mission with a dedicated team
- The opportunity to work, learn & be part of a thriving purpose driven ecosystem
- A great office space in Amsterdam Noord
- Daily healthy lunch & regular team drinks (when covid allows it)
- Unlimited holiday days
- A full time job with market conform salary
- Start date ASAP
Do you want to join our team as our new Jr Operations Manager? Then we’d love to hear about you!
Apply through the Apply Now-button below.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
More information about the organisation, see our website.