The Europeana Foundation in The Hague is looking for a Financial Controller for 40 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Fulltime | Deadline: none
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. Our work makes it easier for people to use cultural heritage for education, research, creation and recreation, which helps to develop an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
With staff based in five countries, our international team operates in a hybrid working culture. Our team based in the Netherlands has the flexibility to come to work at our office or to work remotely.
Our main office is based in the National Library of the Netherlands, next to The Hague Central Station.
Looking for a Financial Controller with experience in annual reports and reporting in general, knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping fundamentals and EU funding, to join our Finance team.
40 hours a week
We are looking for a driven Financial Controller to join our Finance team.
As our Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing our financial management system and our accounting operations:
While ensuring the continuous quality of the financial administration, you will be supporting the organisation on financial matters with clear processes. In your capacity, you will be providing insights and financial advice to ensure financial and strategic decisions are clear and optimised.
Furthermore, you will be the key contact person for financial matters related to European funded projects where the Europeana Foundation is involved in.
Reporting to the Business Operations Director, you will contribute to the organisation’s overall financial performance and development.
Work closely with the Finance Administrator & Office Manager, to maintain full and accurate accounting records to guarantee the quality of the financial administration
Conduct and monitor internal controls:
- Oversee the overall budget and cash flow control and management of all (project)budgets
- Ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and procedures at Dutch and European levels
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records
- Maintain the financial health of the organisation by monitoring project- and team spending and recommending corrective actions as necessary
- Develop and implement purchasing practices and monitor the purchasing system
- Implement and monitor payment authority practices
- Conduct financial analysis
- Prepare detailed financial (project) reports and statements
- Coordinate audit processes
- Participate in budgeting processes
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
Knowledge and Experience required
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Proven experience in a finance role with a solid understanding of financial statistics, accounting fundamentals and financial systems
- Work experience in the field of EU-funded projects or familiarity with the EU funding procedures
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills
- Further, it is a plus if you have knowledge of
- Exact Globe and Synergy
- Google Workspace, in particular, Google sheets
- Have an understanding of data privacy standards
The Europeana Foundation offers
- A monthly salary between EUR 3,700 – 4,500 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an annual bonus of 8.33%
- A full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension
- 42.25 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment)
- A pension scheme
- An inspiring work environment and an international organisational culture
- A hybrid working model with the flexibility to work at the office or remotely (for staff based in The Netherlands)
- We provide a company laptop and offer a WFH allowance to compensate monthly the costs while working from home
- Commuting costs compensation for people based in the Netherlands
How to apply
The position is open until filled
You must have a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands.
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English to email@example.com.
The Europeana Foundation is committed to principles of diversity, inclusivity, nondiscriminatory practice and equal opportunity for all applicants.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.