Avant Arte in Amsterdam is looking for a Warehouse & Photography Assistant for 40 hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Full-time | Deadline: none
Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation.
The company began as a cult blog of contemporary artists and grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community, with more than 2 million of their followers under the age of 35. The company collaborates with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Claire Tabouret and Hank Willis Thomas, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper of exceptional quality. And they have built a highly engaged community of next-generation art collectors, which means Avant Arte’s artist launches are heavily oversubscribed, with many behaving more like fashion drops, selling out in under 30 seconds.
The company’s vision is to inspire a generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and who collect works like they build their wardrobe.
We’re currently a team of 70, split between London and Amsterdam, looking to scale to more than 100 over the next 6 months. This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful, profitable, early stage business at a pivotal moment in our growth, where you will have a big impact from day one.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. We all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. And it is particularly vital if we are going to build a roster of artists and a community of collectors that are representative of contemporary art and of the wider world today.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Assistant to both the Warehouse and Photography Studio who will work closely with our inhouse photographer and Warehouse Team and ensure orders get picked, packed and dispatched on time, with quality and care, as well as help create the visual assets for all our releases. The role is based in Amsterdam and is full time, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, Basic Dutch is considered a plus.
Warehouse & Photography Assistant
40 hours per week
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Assistant to both the Warehouse and Photography Studio who will work closely with our inhouse photographer and Warehouse Team and ensure orders get picked, packed and dispatched on time, with quality and care, as well as help create the visual assets for all our releases.
The role is based in Amsterdam and is full time, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, Basic Dutch is considered a plus.
The main skills we’re looking for are:
Warehouse Assistance –
- Inventory tracking of Avant Arte’s editions and WHSE supplies;
- Digital filing and folder management.
Oversight and management of shipping process:
- Booking third country shipments (to/from production houses to artists for signing) as required;
- Managing the post-sale shipping for all purchases to ensure any customs issues are dealt with as swiftly as possible;
- Daily checking and reporting internally on order and delivery status;
- Delivering works to our framing partner and returning the works once complete.
Art handling and quality control:
- Ensuring that all orders are picked, packed, and dispatched to our collectors with exceptional care and attention;
- Condition checking all artworks on arrival to our warehouse and prior to packing/shipping, communicating any issues internally in a timely fashion.
- Product Photography & Videography;
- Assisting with weekly product photography & videography sessions lead by our In-house photographer;
- Shooting additional shoots as required by our In-house photographer.
- Assisting with preparing all product photography according to the website requirements, editing as required by the content team;
- Leading on creating framed-composites in photoshop as required for each edition launch;
- Assisting with editing any images, as needed, received from the global Avant Arte photography network (eg. product shots taken by a photographer based in the US) so they are aligned with product photography asset specifications for the website.
- Leading on all filing of images in the correct Google Drive folder and sharing them on relevant slack channels with wider team when ready;
- Preparing correct credit lines for our press team and content team;
- Building and maintaining an Avant Arte image archive hard drive with all Tiff files.
- Researching and purchasing any future equipment needed for the in-house studio;
- Researching and outreach for a global network of photographers – giving them the AA seal of approval.
- You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Facebook;
- Generous equity allowance;
- Private healthcare;
- Enhanced pension (NL);
- 25 days of holiday plus two extra company wide days on Kings Day (national holiday in the Netherlands which falls in April) and Christmas Eve;
- L&D budget of €1000 per year per employee;
- Company Laptop (MacBook) + any other equipment for your at-home set up;
- Cycle to work scheme (UK);
- Regular socials & team events including end of year events between all offices and staff (incl. remote);
- Generous parental leave policies;
- Offices in both London and Amsterdam and supportive of flexible/remote working;
- Office perks in our London office include membership discounts for restaurants, wellness services and hotels in the area as well as free fitness classes and drinks on Fridays.
For more information about our organisation see: our website.