Avant Arte in Amsterdam is looking for a Warehouse Operative for 1 fte | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Fulltime | Deadline: none
At Avant Arte, we collaborate with some of the world’s top artists to produce exceptionally high quality print and sculpture editions. We currently have a significant and growing online community of art lovers, with over 2M followers on Instagram and engagement in line with the biggest youth fashion brands of today (our launches often sell out in minutes). We’re currently a team of 40, split between London and Amsterdam, looking to scale to 60+ over the next 6 months. So this is a great opportunity to join a highly successful early stage business at a pivotal moment in our growth, where you will have impact from day one. As a Warehouse Operative, you will be fundamental in ensuring that the post-purchase experience for Avant Arte collectors is second to none.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. We all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. And it is particularly vital if we are going to build a roster of artists and a community of collectors that are representative of contemporary art and of the wider world today.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Warehouse Operative who will work closely with our Logistics team to help ensure orders get picked, packed and dispatched on time, with quality and care. This is a fulltime role based in Amsterdam, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, basic Dutch is considered a plus.
Key responsibilities include
Warehouse management assistance:
- Provide daily support to our WHSE manager and Warehouse Assistant in overseeing WHSE operations
- Assist in supervising our team of technicians and art-handling freelancers
- Assist in management and development of key supplier relationships
- Inventory tracking of Avant Arte’s editions and WHSE supplies
- Digital filing and folder management
- Oversight and management of shipping process
- Booking third country shipments (to/from production houses to artists for signing) as required
- Managing the post-sale shipping for all purchases to ensure any customs issues are dealt with as swiftly as possible
- Daily checking and reporting internally on order and delivery status
- Delivering works to our framing partner and returning the works once complete
Art handling and quality control:
- Ensuring that all orders are picked, packed, and dispatched to our collectors with exceptional care and attention
- Condition checking all artworks on arrival to our warehouse and prior to packing/shipping, communicating any issues internally in a timely fashion
We’re looking for someone:
- Who is versatile and pro-active
- You have exceptionally high standards and attention to detail in everything you do, big and small, and thrive in environments where you’re given lots of responsibility
- Who is comfortable with adapting to change and on-the-spot requirements that can arise when challenges occur unexpectedly and can handle peaks in demand
- Who always tries to stay a step ahead and can highlight any expected issues or concerns to the rest of the team
- Who is a quick learner and can adapt to using IT and warehouse management systems & someone who is comfortable with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and can comfortably report on performance
- Who has a valid driver’s license in order to carry out local deliveries and collections required
We think you’ll probably have:
- Experience in or a background in art handling, luxury and/or high-end goods is a plus
- Experience in booking shipments and handling customs regulations and requests
- Valid driver’s license in order to carry out local deliveries and collections required (essential)
- You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Facebook.
- Generous equity allowance
- 25 days of holiday plus UK bank holidays (and two extra company wide days on Kings Day and Christmas Eve)
- L&D budget of €1000 per year per employee
- Regular socials & team events including end of year events between all offices and staff (incl. remote)
- Generous parental leave policies
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.