Avant Arte in Amsterdam is looking for a Customer Support Executive (Post-Purchase) for 1 fte | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Fulltime | Deadline: none
About Avant Arte
Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation. The company began as a cult blog of contemporary artists, initially inspired through rap lyrics and hip-hop album covers. That blog grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community, with more than 2 million of their followers under the age of 35.
The company collaborates with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Claire Tabouret and the Chapman brothers, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper. And they have built a highly engaged community of next-generation art collectors, which means Avant Arte’s artist launches are heavily oversubscribed, with many behaving more like fashion drops, selling out in under 30 seconds.
The company’s vision is to inspire a generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and who collect works like they build their wardrobe.
We’re currently a team of 45, split between London and Amsterdam, looking to scale to 60+ over the next 6 months. This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful early stage business at a pivotal moment in our growth, where you will have impact from day one.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. We all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. And it is particularly vital if we are going to build a roster of artists and a community of collectors that are representative of contemporary art and of the wider world today.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Post-Purchase Customer Support Executive who will work closely with our Logistics team to ensure all clients queries are responded in a timely manner and that the post-purchase experience for Avant Arte collectors is second to none. The role is based in Amsterdam and is fulltime, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, basic Dutch is a bonus.
Customer Support Executive (Post-Purchase)
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to queries across multiple channels and liaising with different departments to ensure our collectors’ needs are met promptly
- Providing best-in-class support to collectors and supporting with framing advice
- Updating clients with delivery and tracking updates in a timely manner
Shipping Support & Order Management:
- Managing customs and duty charges i.e. filing custom forms, art declarations
- Working collaboratively with warehouse colleagues and arranging shipping as well as returns
- Managing lost in transit and damaged in transit cases i.e. updating collectors, filing claims with couriers and insurers, arranging replacements or repairs
- Booking third country shipments (to/from production houses to artists for signing) as required
- Digital filing and folder management
We’re looking for someone:
- Who is versatile and pro-active. You have exceptionally high standards and attention to detail in everything you do, big and small, and thrive in environments where you’re given lots of responsibility.
- Who is comfortable with adapting to change and on-the-spot requirements that can arise when challenges occur unexpectedly and can handle peaks in demand
- Who always tries to stay a step ahead and can highlight any expected issues or concerns to the rest of the team
- Who is a quick learner and can adapt to using CRM management systems & who is comfortable with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and can comfortably report on performance
We think you’ll probably have:
- Experience in providing customer service, booking shipments and handling customs regulations and requests
- Experience in or a background in Art, luxury and/or high-end goods is a plus
- You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Facebook.
- Generous equity allowance
- 25 days of holiday plus UK bank holidays (and two extra company wide days on Kings Day and Christmas Eve)
- L&D budget of €1000 per year per employee
- Regular socials & team events including end of year events between all offices and staff (incl. remote)
- Generous parental leave policies
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.