Bildhalle in Amsterdam is looking for a Registrar for 40 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid position, Fulltime | Deadline: 01-02-2022
Bildhalle, van oorsprong een Zwitserse galerie voor klassieke en hedendaagse fotografie met een vestiging in Zürich en Amsterdam. Na de oprichting door Mirjam
Cavegn in 2013, heeft de galerie zich ontplooid tot een van de meest vooraanstaande fotogaleries in Zwitserland. In 2020 opende Bildhalle een vestiging aan de Hazenstraat 15H te Amsterdam, waar het een welgekozen selectie van Nederlandse en internationale kunstenaars toont, zowel jong talent als gevestigde fotografen.
Wij zijn per 1 februari 2022 op zoek naar een
40 uur per week
- Responsible for the safe and efficient movement of artworks between the gallery’s various locations, artist studios, storage facilities.
- Organize artwork deliveries to clients as requested by Sales Team. Responsible for all shipments, customs clearance, and tax issues
in collaboration with Team Amsterdam & Zurich.
- Organize the gallery’s showrooms and client installations/de-installations and provide the relevant technical support.
- Register and update artworks in our database.
- Ensure safe, timely delivery and installation of sold artwork as well as shipping of sold artworks.
- Work closely with the Gallery Managers in the planning and managing of the installation and de-installation schedules for each
- Manage and organize all supporting documentation regarding sales tax, eg: resale certificates, exemption certificates, Bills of Lading,
and client shipping invoices.
- Manage the storage of artwork on-site as well as at off-site storage locations.
- Provide technical support for exhibitions and fairs in the Netherlands as required.
- Oversee the organization of framing of artwork.
Education and Experience
Candidates who excel in this role, tend to have the following qualifications and skills, though others may be considered on a case-by-case
- At least three years’ experience as a Registrar in a similar art world field.
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English.
- Associate’s / Bachelor’s degree.
- Driving licence.
- Interest in or passion for photography.
- Knowledge of international customs and tax procedures is strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of fine art shipping, handling, storage and packing.
- Experience working with fine art shippers and fabricators.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexibly between office-related computer work as well as outdoor tasks such as overseeing artwork load-in and loadout.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines;.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly with Mac OS X. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a welcome plus).
We are offering an interesting position in our small team in Amsterdam, including a fair salary, opporunities to grow, exchange and travels with the Swiss team of Bildhalle in Zurich. Please send your CV and cover letter to Director Julia Bonato: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
For more information about the organisation: see our website.