Avina Media in Amsterdam is looking for an Assistant to the Executive Producer for 10-15 hours per week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Freelance/ZZP | Deadline: none
Avina Media, a film and television company located in the U.S. and Spain (avinamedia.com), is moving to Amsterdam in the spring of 2022 and currently looking a part-time assistant to the Executive Producer. Avina develops and produces original series and films in English and Spanish, and perhaps in future Dutch, for local and international audiences. We also develop original reality formats.
We are looking for a part-time Assistant to a film and television Executive Producer.
Assistant to the Executive Producer
10-15 hours per week
This position is strictly a communications and administrative position. Aspiring directors, actors, composers, and other artists should be aware that this position will not forward an artist’s creative career, not will the company be open to reviewing candidates’ creative portfolios.
The position could transition to full time employment based on the candidate’s performance.
- Native-level writing and spoken skills in both business English and business Dutch, and in particular a feel for writing creatively in Dutch. We are looking for someone who has a feel for colloquial and creative Dutch as used in publicity, ads, and film and television writing as used in Holland.
- Experience translating documents from English to Dutch is a must.
- Experience organizing contact lists and composing business emails in Dutch and English. Business and creative writing and organizational skills. You should be more organized than your boss!
- Mac users with your own laptop and preferably iPhone – this is a must. We are a MAC shop.
- Expert use of MS Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshoot), and experience with design software.
- Design experience in the UI/UX of business presentation materials, particularly in the entertainment industry, is a plus.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish a big plus.
- Previous teaching experience, especially of the Dutch language to foreigners, is a plus. One of your duties will be in assisting the head of the company in learning your native language.
- Candidates must be Dutch or E.U. citizens or be residents of The Netherlands with the ability to work legally in The Netherlands.
A minimum of 2 years professional working experience is required, ideally one of them in the entertainment industry in Holland or abroad.
- Handling, coordinating, and organizing written communications (emailing, texting, sending materials via Dropbox or WeTransfer) for the Executive Producer with business contacts throughout Europe, the Americas, and India;
- Researching film and television topics, as well as digital technology trends, big data, and consumer marketing trends;
- Revising written and visual materials on film, series, and digital technology projects, and translating materials from English to Dutch;
- Calling, emailing and setting up Zoom meetings with producers, film and television project commissioners throughout Europe, the Americas, and India;
- Helping the Executive Producer learning Dutch via online meetings on Zoom or FaceTime.
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis. The positions will be closed once we find the ideal candidates. Initial interviews will likely be conducted by Zoom, and a secondary interview may be conducted in person in Amsterdam the end of February. Compensation to be discussed with chosen candidates during the interview process.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please highlight your technical, language, professional and creative skills, as well as the hours each week you are available to work.
Please do not make use of this advertisement for acquisition purposes.
For more information about the organization: see our website.