Hôtes Culture in Amsterdam is looking for a Museum Experience Host Nxt Museum for 12 to 36 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid position, On-call employee, Part-time | Deadline: 31-12-2021
Looking for a job in one of the beautiful museums in Amsterdam?
Hôtes Culture sends hosts to various partners within the cultural sector, including the Nxt Museum, the Scheepvaartmuseum, the Anne Frank House, the Grachtenmuseum Amsterdam, Allard Pierson and Frans Hals Museum.
We are currently looking for:
Museum Experience Host Nxt Museum
12 to 36 hours a week
The Nxt Museum is the first fully-dedicated New Media Art Museum in The Netherlands. An immersive, multi-sensory, fine art destination that fuses art and technology to challenge assumptions, open minds and connect with what is Nxt.
Nxt is passionate about the future of art, technology, music and science and on a mission to push the boundaries of what a museum can be.
You get excited about the future, art and technology – what could, should and might be next. As a Nxt Museum host, you’re at the forefront of the museum, expressing your version of their story. You’ll form a connection with the works and engage with their visitors with passion and energy. You thrive on connecting with people and want to make their visitor experience the best possible.
- From scanning tickets and offering curatorial guidance, to upholding the Covid-19 measures, you are the face of Nxt Museum for the visitor.
- As a part of the Museum Experience Team you are responsible for the day to day running, opening and closing of the museum, leaving things in place for the next crew.
- You take responsibility to be well informed about Nxt Museum and the artworks with the knowledge the museum provides you, and your own passion and curiosity for art and culture.
- Aside from hosting in the museum you are comfortable touring groups, working with students in workshop settings
- You are flexible in different settings / positions and in scheduling. Our working hours depend on programming and events.
Experience & Profile
- Confident communicator & natural storyteller.
- Confident in crowd management.
- You love to host: you have hospitality, events and/or museum experience
- Great English & Dutch communication skills, other languages a bonus but not a requirement.
- Flexible (in mindset, work methods, about tasks and working hours).
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Living in or near Amsterdam (or willing to travel).
- Affinity with art, tech & music.
- Curious and open to learn.
- Positive energy.
What working at Nxt Museum brings you
- To be part of a thrilling new art space that seeks to continuously shift perspectives of what a museum can be fusing art, technology, science, music and shifting audience participation.
- A side job that you can easily fit around your studies / projects.
- Training – firsthand from our curators to provide you with the skills, information and education about the exhibition and public programmes.
- Tour & Workshop trainings.
- A personal discount code you can share with your friends and family.
- Discount at our in-house bar/restaurant.
- Four free tickets per year.
- An hourly salary.
You need to be available for at least two shifts per week of which at least one in the weekend.
Please answer the following questions as part of your application, and include a cv. You can be flexible and express yourself in whatever way feels good: make a video, an artwork, write a song, or send a simple write up (maximum 400 words total) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about this vacancy you can also call us on 020 214 2333.
The first round of interviews will take place at the end of November/beginning of December. The interviews with Hôtes Culture will take place on 22, 23 or 24 November. The interviews with Nxt Museum will be on 29 November or 3 December. The training day is on 10 December. In December, a second round of interviews will follow.
- What is your favorite space and why?
- What is your most memorable achievement / moment?
- How are you a pioneer for ‘What’s nxt’?
More information about the organisation: see our website.