The European Cultural Foundation in Amsterdam zoekt een Senior Advocacy Officer voor 0,8 fte | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Parttime, Tijdelijk | Sluitingsdatum: 24-10-2021
About the European Cultural Foundation
Our founders created the European Cultural Foundation in 1954 as they envisioned a united Europe where citizens feel proudly European, a place where they can live, express themselves, work and dream freely, in diversity and harmony. Ever since the ECF promotes a European sentiment through developing and supporting cultural initiatives that let us share, experience and imagine Europe. We believe our mission is as urgent as it was back then as there are still many challenges that divide Europe, cause polarisation and bring about inequality. Culture has an important role to play here, helping to bridge these gaps, bringing people together, opening new ways, finding and imagining possibilities. We are a committed, ambitious, diverse, open international foundation with a strong network and long-standing reputation in partnership building across Europe.
A passionate advocate for culture and Europe and a skilled campaigner.
Senior Advocacy Officer
Closing date: 24 October 2021
Contract: pregnancy replacement, 6-7 months
Start date: 15 November 2021 or 1 December 2021
About the role
As Senior Advocacy Officer, you are part of our Public Policy team and report to the Head of Department. You will also work with other teams to support our mission and programmatic goals. This is a temporary role from mid-November to end-May 2018 (6-7 months) to cover for our current Senior Advocacy Officer who will go on maternity leave.
Advocacy at ECF
Our ambition is to be a leading advocate for culture in building a better Europe. Advocacy is an essential part of ECF’s tool kit. We develop our own actions and work with partners across Europe.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on individual with knowledge of the European and Dutch cultural sector and keen interest in strengthening the place and visibility of culture on the European agenda.
In particular, the Senior Advocacy Officer will:
- Contribute to the Cultural Deal for Europe campaign (see link) aiming to place culture at the heart of the EU’s post-pandemic future. The Cultural Deal is a joint initiative by ECF, Culture Action Europe and Europa Nostra (representing the European Heritage Alliance). In this context, you will contribute to advocacy actions (mobilisation of stakeholders, monitoring and analysis of policy developments, production of policy recommendations, organisation of events) from the local, national to the European level.
- Organise and follow-up the Cultural Deal’s annual high-level event “La Rentrée” (18 November 2021), together with our campaign partners. This third edition addresses the central role of culture in a greener and more sustainable Europe.
- Coordinate with the Europa-platform in the Netherlands the Dutch agenda advocating for and implementing actions of the Cultural Deal for Europe in the Netherlands.
- Liaise with partners and EU institutions, and monitor EU policies and programmes related to the recovery of culture, Creative Europe, the Green Deal and the New European Bauhaus and ‘translate’ these into practice and policy advice.
- Possibly support the start-up of an EU-project to support the goals of the Green Deal and the New European Bauhaus.
- Give input and advice to other ECF teams on advocacy and policy influencing.
- Support the Public Policy Team in the making and implementation of its advocacy strategy and actions.
Who are you?
You are a passionate advocate for culture in building a better Europe. An innovator who is mixing old and new ways to mobilise stakeholders and reach public policy goals. A hands-on campaigner with experience in Europe and in the Netherlands. A competent sparring partner within the Public Policy Team. You share our passion and vision for Europe.
In addition, we think it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Have proven experience in advocacy on EU-level and preferably on Dutch-level as well;
- Have worked in advocacy in a relevant discipline (e.g. culture, climate, urban policies);
- Can analyse and interpret complex policy information and communicate its essence in accessible language to others;
- Are experienced in drafting policy factsheets, papers and recommendations;
- Have affinity with or experience in the cultural and/or creative sector;
- Are persuasive, result-driven, and can bring ideas with conviction;
- Are stimulated by and have experience in working in an international environment;
- Build good relationships both internally and externally and can use your networks and influencing skills to get the job done;
- Have excellent communication skills in English; Dutch is an asset.
- An opportunity to create, thrive, develop in an international team, in one of the most interesting cities in Europe, Amsterdam;
- The chance to join Europe’s only European cultural foundation;
- Being part of an organisation with an impressive legacy but which is not stuck in the past;
- Flexible work arrangements with a combination of analogue and digital work;
- Fun and joy which comes from working inside a diverse team on things that matter;
- Salary raging from € 3.400 to € 4.200 gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and benefits package;
- A temporary contract for 6 to 7 months, 4 days a week (0.8 fte).
How to apply
The closing deadline for applications is 24th of October 2021. Interested candidates should email their CV and motivation letter to Leonie Roeloffzen, HR Advisor, at email@example.com . Short listed candidates will be contacted during the week of 25th of October 2021 to schedule interviews to be carried out in the week of 1st of November 2021 and 8th of November 2021. The selection process will consist of two interviews. We reserve the right to invite early applicants for interviews before the deadline.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, which is why people from communities that experience discrimination based on race, ethnicity, (cultural) background, people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.