World Press Photo in Amsterdam zoekt een Intern Contest Team voor 32-40 uur per week | Vacature voor een Leertraject, Stageplaats | Sluitingsdatum: 21-10-2021
The World Press Photo Foundation believes in the power of showing and the importance of seeing high-quality visual stories. Our purpose is to connect the world to the stories that matter.
For six decades, the World Press Photo Foundation has been working from its home in Amsterdam as an independent, nonprofit organization. In that time, the world has changed continuously, and new developments in the media and technology have transformed journalism and storytelling. Our mission has expanded, and we draw on our experience to guide visual journalists, storytellers, and audiences around the world through this challenging and exciting landscape.
The Contest team is currently looking for an intern to work with us for 4-5 months, starting on 2 December 2021 for 4-5 days per week.
Intern Contest Team
32-40 hours per week
The Contest team currently consists of 5 people who are fully dedicated to running the annual contest and regional partnership management. The results of the contest form the base for the World Press Photo Foundation’s annual exhibition that travels to over 100 locations in 45 countries around the world, the yearbook we publish and the online impact we have with the announcement of the contest winners.
The internship takes place during the contest season, in which the entries for the contest are received and the judging takes place. Depending on the length of the internship, you will also be involved in the production period of the exhibition and yearbook and the preparations for the annual festival. For this busy period, we are looking for an intern to assist the contest team. Currently, we are working in a hybrid set up of working from our office in Amsterdam and from home. The internship will give you insight into the organization of the contest, the procedures of judging sessions and the production of our core results. For more info visit: www.worldpressphoto.org/programs/.
- Providing email support for entrants of the contest
- Processing registrations and entries for the contest
- Troubleshooting problems on the entry platform
- Assisting in the preparation of and implementation of judging sessions
- Supporting post processing checks
- Supporting communication around the contest, such as direct mailings and the announcement of the nominees
- Processing entrant data of the contest in the database
- Supporting organization of winners material (5-months internship)
- Supporting festival preparations (5-months internship)
- Supporting festival execution (5-months internship)
- You are a Bachelor or Master student;
- You have experience in photography, media, and visual journalism and you are eager to learn more about organizing projects and events;
- You are a self-starting, well organized individual with an eye for detail;
- You have a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- You are able to work with flexibility and under pressure with tight deadlines;
- You are a dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills in both written and verbal forms;
- You have an understanding of online platforms and pick up new online environments quickly;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. A second language would be an asset;
- You are living in or near Amsterdam.
The World Press Photo Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with its office in Amsterdam. The total staff of the organization is 26.
We offer an internship with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. You will get the chance to work in a highly purpose driven environment and learn from behind the scenes of the core of the organization: the annual contest.
We would like you to start at the beginning of December for a period of 4-5 months. The duration of the internship and hours per week can be discussed during the interview stage. Working hours can differ depending on the stage of the contest, events and deadlines, but on average, you will work 32-40 hours per week.
We offer compensation of € 500 (net/full time) per month, and when applicable a travel or working from home allowance.
This position is at the moment only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing valid work permit for the EU. (www.iamsterdam.com/en/study/work-and-study/)
The World Press Photo Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of society.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Anna Lena Mehr, Contest Director (email@example.com)/ +31(0)20-676 60 96.
How to apply
Please respond in English before 21 October 2021 by filling in the application form. Please submit both your CV and a letter of motivation as a pdf document. You can start your application by clicking the button ‘Apply now!’.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.