Sonic Acts in Amsterdam is looking for a Communications Intern for 24-32 hours a week | Vacancy for an Internship | Deadline: 27-06-2021
Sonic Acts is a leading platform for new developments in electronic and digital art forms. With an extensive year-round programme in the Netherlands and abroad, and a large biennial festival in Amsterdam, we produce, present and distribute a wide range of artistic works. Based in Amsterdam, Sonic Acts works regularly with national and international partners, from kindred cultural organisations to academic institutions. We have an ambitious attitude and strive for innovation and exceptional artistic quality in all of our activities while being a hub for an international network of creators, curators and critical thinkers.
Sonic Acts is looking for a communications intern from September or October 2021 until March 2022. The deadline for applications is 27 June.
24-32 hours a week
Sonic Acts is a small organisation and as an intern you will be a complete member of the team. You are the right-hand of the communications team, giving you insight into the entire communications process as you participate in making the activities of Sonic Acts visible.
- Maintaining the archive, both digitally and in print;
- Keeping the websites up to date;
- Content planning and creation for websites, social media and newsletters;
- Coordination of the webshop;
- Suggesting ideas for (online) marketing campaigns;
- Requesting communication materials from artists and artist management;
- Practical support such as taking minutes during meetings, requesting quotes, ordering materials, and making timetables, banners and signage;
- On-location communication support during activities.
- You have a college or university level of thinking;
- You know how to get things done and can work independently;
- You have an affinity with Sonic Acts and its disciplines (art, music, science and technology);
- You write and speak fluent English (Sonic Acts communicates mainly in English);
- You are adept at social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube;
- Experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as audio editing tools is an advantage;
- Experience and/or training in the field of communication and marketing is an advantage;
- You live in Amsterdam or the surrounding area;
- You are expected to be flexible; our activities also take place during the weekends or in the evening, and the working hours adjust accordingly.
- A varied and challenging internship at an innovative cultural organisation, located in Amsterdam;
- A collaborative and inspiring environment of co-workers, partners and artists;
- € 350,- gross per month for 4 days per week, in accordance with the guidelines of De Zaak Nu.
Please note that this is an internship; an internship at Sonic Acts offers you the opportunity to gain lots of experience and gain substantive knowledge in the field of marketing and communication in a dynamic working environment.
Sonic Acts endorses the Fair Practice Code and the Code of Cultural Diversity and is committed to improving the assortment of voices that make up the organisation. Applicants from all (cultural) backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply. In a case of equal suitability, preference goes to the candidate that strengthens the diversity of the team.
Send your CV and motivation in 1 pdf before 27 June 2021 via Homerun. For any questions, you can also contact us via email@example.com.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.