Sonic Acts in Amsterdam is looking for a Communications Coordinator for 32 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Part-time, Freelance/ZZP | Deadline: 27-06-2021
Sonic Acts is a leading platform for new developments in electronic and digital art forms. With an extensive year-round programme in the Netherlands and abroad, and a large biennial festival in Amsterdam, we produce, present and distribute a wide range of artistic works. Based in Amsterdam, Sonic Acts works regularly with national and international partners, from kindred cultural organisations to academic institutions. We have an ambitious attitude and strive for innovation and exceptional artistic quality in all of our activities while being a hub for an international network of creators, curators and critical thinkers.
Sonic Acts is looking for a Communications Coordinator from September 2021. The deadline for applications is 27 June.
32 hours a week
As Communications Coordinator, you will be responsible for communicating, promoting and marketing the Sonic Acts programme in all its forms, both online and offline, while managing relationships with the audience. You should have a strong affinity for audiovisual and contemporary visual art, avant-garde film, electronic music, experimental media and critical discourse, and be able to amplify the visibility and reach of all Sonic Acts activities, in coordination with the rest of the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating all Sonic Acts communication channels – including the website, mailings, print and social media – CRM tools, ticketing systems, (web)shop and merchandise;
- Conceiving and executing on-topic campaigns and promotions with a strong sense of target groups;
- Translating the programme into accessible and engaging content, both written and audiovisual;
- Proactively maintaining PR through communication with the media and relevant contacts;
- Conducting market research and analysis, and advising the organisation on its positioning;
- Managing marketing and communications budgets and monitoring schedules.
- Completed higher education;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English with a convincing writing style (Dutch is a plus);
- Experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans and strategies;
- Knowledge of relevant CMS and CRM systems, as well social media planning tools;
- An extensive network in media, music, art and culture;
- Living in or readily able to travel to Amsterdam;
- A proactive, flexible and results-oriented attitude;
- A sense of responsibility that is not limited to office hours.
- A varied and challenging job for 32 hours per week at an innovative cultural organisation, located in Amsterdam;
- A collaborative and inspiring environment of co-workers, partners and artists;
- A salary between € 2,250 and € 2,750 gross per month based on full-time employment, depending on knowledge and experience, based on the guidelines of De Zaak Nu. Freelance is also possible.
Sonic Acts endorses the Fair Practice Code and the Code of Cultural Diversity and is committed to improving the assortment of voices that make up the organisation. Applicants from all (cultural) backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply. In a case of equal suitability, preference goes to the candidate that strengthens the diversity of the team.
Responses and questions
Submit your CV and motivation as 1 pdf before 27 June 2021 via Homerun. For any questions, you can also contact us via email@example.com.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.