ELIA in Amsterdam zoekt een Communications Intern voor 0,6-0,8 fte | Vacature voor een Leertraject, Stageplaats | Sluitingsdatum: 30-07-2021
ELIA is a globally connected European network of art schools that provides a dynamic platform for professional exchange and development in higher arts education. With over 260 members in 48 countries, it represents over 300.000 students in all art disciplines.
Advocating for higher arts education, ELIA empowers and creates new opportunities for its member while also collaborating with partner networks around the world.
Are your passionate about the arts and arts education? Does communications, social media and marketing on multiple channels and platforms fascinate you? Join the ELIA team as our Communications Intern. Hone your skills, develop your writing, target your messaging and apply!
24/32 hours per week (fte 0.6 / 0.8)
This is an exciting opportunity for those passionate about the arts and communication. Be part of a dynamic team highly proficient in running ground-breaking digital events for the arts.
ELIA is looking for a highly motivated intern to join the Communications Team. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in the arts and education sectors, excellent English writing skills, a marketing sensibility, social media savviness and preferably graphic design and/or media skills.
The Communications Intern must be able to work independently, think critically and work to tight deadlines.
The Communications Intern will assist the ELIA Team with:
- Writing articles and case studies outlining the wonderfully impactful work of our members and projects
- Managing our social media schedule and content
- Editing and managing website copy
- Creating targeted and impactful social media posts and campaigns
- Developing marketing campaigns for the ELIA signature events
- Attending and documenting high profile events relevant to the arts education sector
- Liaising with external designers and agencies to create digital assets
- Create content and digital assets for the website and ELIA monthly newsletter
- Image selection
- Assisting the ELIA team to deliver high quality projects, events and resources which will benefit our members
- Higher education qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing in the Cultural sector, Cultural Management or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with different groups and cultures
- Working user knowledge of MS Office
- Media and graphic design skills are preferable but not essential
- Candidates should be creative thinkers, self-motivated, well-organised
What ELIA offers
- A great professional opportunity filled with challenges and responsibility
- Access to a dynamic, active international network of arts education professionals
- The opportunity to advance your writing, communications and media skills
- A monthly internship compensation, on the base of the weekly hours agreed
- The chance to be part of a dynamic team working in the renowned creative hub, A-Lab in Amsterdam (Please note: The ELIA team are working remotely at this time)
- The opportunity to experience the workings of international network in the arts, culture and education world at close hand
- The intern will receive an internship allowance
Please apply in English by e-mail, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to Derville Quigley, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 July, 2021.
ELIA strives to be an equal opportunities employer and to see that the make-up of its staff is diverse and representative of society. ELIA welcomes applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
More information about the organisation: see our website.