Nxt Museum in Amsterdam zoekt een Museum Experience Host voor 8-16 uur per week | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Oproepkracht, Parttime | Sluitingsdatum: geen
The Nxt Museum is the first fully-dedicated New Media Art Museum in The Netherlands. An immersive, multi-sensory, fine art destination that fuses art and technology to challenge assumptions, open minds and connect with what is Nxt.
We are passionate about the future of art, technology, music and science and are on a mission to push the boundaries of what a museum can be.
Museum Experience Host
8-16 uur per week
You get excited about the future, art and technology — what could, should and might be next. As a Nxt Museum host, you’re at the forefront of the museum, expressing your version of our story. You’ll form a connection with the works and engage with our visitors with passion and energy. You thrive on connecting with people and want to make our visitor experience the best possible.
- From scanning tickets and offering curatorial guidance, to upholding the Covid19 measures, you are the face of Nxt Museum for the visitor.
- As a part of the Museum Experience Team you are responsible for the day to day running, opening and closing of the museum, leaving things in place for the next crew.
- You take responsibility to be well informed about Nxt Museum and the artworks with the knowledge we provide you and your own passion and curiosity for art and culture.
- You are flexible in different settings/positions and in scheduling.
Experience & Profile:
- Confident communicator & natural storyteller.
- Confident in crowd management.
- You love to host: you have hospitality, events and/or museum experience.
- Great English communication skills, Dutch a pre and other languages a bonus but not a requirement.
- Flexible (in mindset, work methods, about tasks and working hours).
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Living in or near Amsterdam (or willing to travel).
- Affinity with art, tech & music.
- Curious and open to learn.
- Positive energy.
What we offer you:
- To be part of a thrilling new art space that seeks to continuously shift perspectives of what a museum can be fusing art, technology, science, music and shifting audience participation.
- A side job that you can easily fit around your studies/projects.
- Training – first hand from our curators to provide you with the skills, information and education about the exhibition and public programmes.
- A personal discount code you can share with your friends and family.
- Discount at our in-house bar/restaurant.
- Four free tickets per year.
- An hourly salary.
You need to be available for at least two shifts per week of which at least one in the weekend. Our starting dates for our Experience Team are quarterly.
Please answer the following questions as part of your application, and include a CV. You can be flexible and express yourself in whatever way feels good: make a video, an artwork, write a song, or send a simple write up (maximum 500 words) to email@example.com.
- What is your favorite space (focusing on arts & culture) and why?
- What is your most memorable achievement/moment?
- How are you a pioneer for ‘What’s nxt’?
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.