Avant Arte in Amsterdam is looking for an Operations & Art Handling Assistant for 40 hours a week | Vacancy for a Paid Position, Fulltime, Parttime | Deadline: none
At Avant Arte, we collaborate with some of the world’s top artists to produce exceptionally high quality print and sculpture editions. We currently have a significant and growing online community of art lovers, with over 2M followers on Instagram and engagement in line with the biggest youth fashion brands of today (our launches often sell out in minutes). We’re a small but growing company with big ambitions, and we believe high quality production and art handling operations are core to our future success.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Assistant to the Warehouse Manager who will work closely with our Production, Logistics and Sales team to help manage our warehouse operations and ensure orders get picked, packed and dispatched on time, with quality and care.
Operations & Art Handling Assistant
40 hours a week
The core of this role is to ensure that the post-purchase experience for Avant Arte collectors is second to none. The role is based in Amsterdam and is full time, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. Fluent spoken and written English is required, Basic Dutch is considered a plus.
Key responsibilities include
Warehouse management assistance
- Provide daily support to our WHSE manager in overseeing WHSE operations
- Assist in supervising our team of technicians and art-handling freelancers
- Assist in management and development of key supplier relationships
- Inventory tracking of Avant Arte’s editions and WHSE supplies.
- Digital filing and folder management.
Oversight and management of shipping process
- Booking third country shipments (to/from production houses to artists for signing) as required.
- Managing the post-sale shipping for all purchases to ensure any customs issues are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
- Daily checking and reporting internally on order and delivery status.
- Delivering works to our framing partner and returning the works once complete.
Art handling and quality control
- Ensuring that all orders are picked, packed, and dispatched to our collectors with exceptional care and attention.
- Condition checking all artworks on arrival to our warehouse and prior to packing/shipping, communicating any issues internally in a timely fashion.
We’re looking for someone
- Who is versatile and pro-active. You have exceptionally high standards and attention to detail in everything you do, big and small, and thrive in environments where you’re given lots of responsibility.
- Who is comfortable with adapting to change and on-the-spot requirements that can arise when challenges occur unexpectedly and can handle peaks in demand.
- Who always tries to stay a step ahead and can highlight any expected issues or concerns to the rest of the team.
- Who is a quick learner and can adapt to using IT and warehouse management systems & who is comfortable with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and can comfortably report on performance.
- Who has a valid driver’s license in order to carry out local deliveries and collections as required.
- Who preferably has past experience in booking shipments and handling customs regulations and requests.
- Experience in or a background in art handling, luxury and/or high-end goods.
For more information about the organisation: see our website.