The Conservatorium van Amsterdam in Amsterdam is looking for a Viola Teacher for 0.2 fte | Vacancy for a Paid job, Part-time | Closing date: 02-11-2020
Lees de Nederlandse versie
The Conservatorium van Amsterdam (CvA) trains musicians for the national and international field of work at the highest level. To this end, it offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in Classical Music, Jazz and Pop Music, a national study programme for young top talent and a teacher training programme. With this complete range of courses, the CvA not only fully reflects the current musical landscape, but also plays an active role in shaping the national and international music scene, now and in the future. The CvA has excellent teaching staff, a population of approximately 1,200 students and forms part of the Amsterdam University of the Arts.
The Conservatorium van Amsterdam is looking for a:
The teacher of viola as a principal subject will be part of the Classical Music department, carry out teaching duties and provide guidance to both principal subject and subsidiary subject students in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes. The teacher will play a leading role in the development of the student into a (future) musician performing at a high professional level. In addition, the teacher will work together closely with the other colleagues from the viola department and maintain good contact with other departments within the strings department.
The viola teacher:
- will teach principal and subsidiary subject lessons in viola;
- will arrange ensemble coaching, and also ensemble projects on an occasional basis;
- will supervise internal and external student presentations;
- will sit on relevant juries / assessment committees;
- will be involved in educational development.
- has completed a degree programme with an applied emphasis (hbo-opleiding) in viola with a teaching qualification, a degree programme or endorsement in violin would be an advantage;
- has a considerable (preferably international) reputation as a performing violist, both as a soloist and in ensembles, and occupies a prominent position within the professional field of classical music;
- has a broad vision on the career prospects of viola players and the changing professional practice and is open to innovation;
- possesses good pedagogical and teaching skills;
- is active in the (preferably international) field of work as a teacher/coach at summer courses, masterclasses and workshops;
- has good organisational skills and a flexible mentality, with an open attitude towards and willingness to collaborate with colleagues and the organisation;
- has a good command of Dutch and English; command of German, French and/or Italian would be an advantage;
- is able to produce a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring omtrent Gedrag, VOG).
Terms of employment
The position is assigned to salary scale 12 (minimum € 4,445.52 and maximum € 5,717.25 gross per month in the case of full-time employment). Appointment and remuneration occur in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences (cao hbo). There is a good fringe benefits package. Assignment to the salary scale is partly dependent on education, experience and last salary received.
An initial selection will occur on the basis of documents submitted. The selection round will be held in November 2020.
Enquiries and applications
For more information, please contact Kees Koelmans, head of strings, via email@example.com. Applications, including a CV and letter of motivation, can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 2 November 2020.
The Conservatorium van Amsterdam strives towards a balanced and diverse workforce. This will be taken into account during the selection process.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.