Golden Rock School in Oranjestad, Sint Eustatius zoekt een Music Teacher voor 1 fte | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Fulltime | Sluitingsdatum: 02-11-2020
The four primary schools on St. Eustatius in the Caribbean Netherlands are looking to appoint a qualified music teacher. You will be working with children aged 4-12 years old, providing class and group music lessons as well as choir and orchestra sessions. If you love working with children, are passionate and enthusiastic about music and aspire to bringing the gift of music to students, ‘Statia’ will warmly welcome you!
Our successful candidate possesses:
- BSc. in Music Teaching or;
- Bachelor of Music Arts (conservatorium) and willingness to become a licensed teacher;
- Certificate of English proficiency at CEFR C1/C2;
- Ability to play multiple musical instruments.
Our successful candidate is able to demonstrate:
- Singing: you are able to increase the quality of singing by letting (groups) of children sing songs with attention to expression, purity, breath, resonance and articulation. You can make informed choices regarding the repertoire and the method of learning.
- Listening: you can help kids to grasp the complexity of music by letting them listen to music in different ways. You introduce children to various musical styles.
- Playing: you can have groups of children design and perform instrumental play pieces with attention to sound, form and meaning. You are able to create simple song adaptations for a school choir or school orchestra.
- Capture: you can let groups of children perform, design, and listen to music using graphic and traditional notation.
- Movement: inspired by the sound, form and meaning aspects of music, you can guide (groups) of children in expression through movement. You are aware of the way in which movement, conscious or not, helps children to understand music.
- The ability to successfully create a curriculum for a class of pupils of mixed abilities, aptitudes and educational needs through planning, preparation, monitoring and assessment.
- Competitive Salary;
- 60 days of vacation;
- 13th Month;
- Participation in pension fund;
- 1 (family) return ticket;
- Relocation budget.
Interested candidates are invited to make a formal application by submitting at least the following:
- Motivation Letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- More creative applications through other media are also welcomed.
For more information regarding the position kindly contact Mr. Martijn Voorham, Principal / Director Golden Rock School through email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 2 November 2020. The envisioned start-date is January 4th 2021.