DRIFT in Amsterdam zoekt een Technical Project Manager Development voor 32 tot 40 uur per week | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Fulltime, Parttime | Sluitingsdatum: geen
Studio Drift, founded by Lonneke Gordijn and Ralph Nauta, is a dynamic art studio that develops site specific often kinetic installations that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies. Drift focuses on the dialogue between seeming contradictions between nature and technology. Nature is a leading source of inspiration, where the creative process is fueled by innovation and technology. Our studio is internationally oriented and is located in the top segment of the international art and design world.
In our studio in Amsterdam we work with 30 people on the development and production of artworks and installations that are sold and exhibited all over the world. Since each project requires unique skills and knowledge we collaborate with a wide array of external professionals while doing all custom development and production in house.
We are looking for like-minded developer with great interest in the arts.
Technical Project Manager Development
32-40 hours per week
As Project Manager Development you work within the team of the Director of Development that is responsible for the development of new work for Studio Drift. Developing a new work incorporates research, design, engineering, prototyping, testing; working with the studio founders to materialize their vision in the most sensible and wonderful way possible.
For this role you need to have a wide interest and knowledge base of many different technologies. You need to feel confident to have a leading role in conversations about mechanical engineering, manufacturing, product design, physics, electronics, software development, algorithms, biomimicry etc. etc.
You are sharp in connecting the dots when solving problems and defining strategies to develop an idea into physical reality. To keep these projects moving in the right direction, even though things are risky or more difficult than expected, a strong motivation and optimistic make-do mentality is crucial in this role.
The Project Manager Development is responsible for:
- Running several development projects at the same time
- Budgeting and planning, making sure the projects are delivered on time within scope and budget
- Rapid iterative prototyping and constructive evaluation of each iteration
- Developing the work with the founders’ vision in mind
- Initiating and nurturing healthy relationships with external professionals and collaborating companies and institutes.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Contributing with technical solutions and design to other managers’ projects when asked for
- Managing small development teams
Required skills and characteristics
- Wide-ranging knowledge of technical fields like mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, product design, makers industry, new production technologies and software development
- Never afraid to try new things; fail fast but learn quickly
- Out of the box thinker, without losing track of reality and context
- Capable of keeping an overview over complex processes with many stakeholders with often different cultural and technical backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Dutch and international tech- and makers industry
- Affiliation with art and design
- Pleasant & clear communicator
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and artistic environment with tight deadlines and high demanding clients
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Being prepared to travel abroad
- Driving License B
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, 3d-software and CAD programs such as SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor and/or OnShape
- Familiarity with (complex) building- and construction processes and confidence in managing the artist’ role in this process
- Flexible, open minded, internationally oriented, keeps up to date with new technologies
Please send your motivation letter and CV with photo to the attention of Martino Bidotti to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are available for questions via +31 (0)20 840 69 93. For more information see: www.studiodrift.com.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.