What Design Can Do in Amsterdam zoekt een Online Communications Specialist voor 24 hours a week | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Parttime | Sluitingsdatum: 10-08-2020
The major questions of our time are in need of design and creativity. What Design Can Do (WDCD) is a platform that advocates design as a catalyst of change and as a way of addressing the societal questions of our time. We do this by organizing events and design challenges. We create opportunities for radical collaboration by bringing designers and societal partners together around topics like climate change and social justice. So far, WDCD has hosted 14 successful international design conferences in Amsterdam, São Paulo and México City. And it has ran three worldwide challenges on Climate Action, Clean Energy and the integration of Refugees.
We are looking for an Online Communications Specialist to support our event and challenges.
Online Communications Specialist
24 hours a week
The role of the Online Communications Specialist
We are looking for a digital savvy communications professional to manage and engage with WDCD’s online and offline communities. The Online Communications Specialist will work within the Communications team to align all our communications, PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker.
In collaboration with the Communications Team you are responsible for:
- Strategy: developing a social media strategy around the program of WDCD; planning, managing, and monitoring of this strategy.
- Creating content: for all online communication channels – in words and visuals.
- Copywriting: from 280 characters on Twitter to articles and copywriting for campaigns.
- Community Management: monitoring of engagement and interaction of our online community – analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Reporting: planning and monitoring of online campaigns, proficient in Google Analytics.
- A communications professional with an HBO-level degree (or international equivalent) and with relevant experience.
- Able to work autonomously, but you enjoy working in a team.
- In possession of excellent communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Familiar with tools such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- You might even know your way around Adobe CS.
- English native, Dutch and/or Spanish would be great, but not necessary.
An interesting position in a creative social impact organization with an international scope and network. You will be working in a small and dedicated team of creative professionals based in the center of Amsterdam. The working atmosphere is friendly, team-oriented, and encourages individual input and development. You will be part of the Communications Team. Salary is dependent on skill set, experience, and education and in accordance with the standards in the creative and cultural industry.
Send your CV and motivation before 10 August 2020 at 9 am to email@example.com.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.