Waag in Amsterdam zoekt een Project & Concept Developer voor 1,0 fte | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Fulltime | Sluitingsdatum: 30-08-2020
Waag develops presentations and programmes in the field of technology and art-science around social challenges. Since 1994, Waag has pioneered and contributed to the development and positioning of digital culture both in Amsterdam and the Netherlands, achieving an international position. Its mission is to mobilise citizens and technology by means of artistic and public research towards an open, fair and inclusive society.
Waag operates from a middle ground position, building bridges between institutions, organisations and citizens, creating an ecosystem in which communities and their environment enter into dynamic relationships. Waag places art and design in a context of dynamic, emergent systems: a.o. new forms of creation and production, innovative solutions in healthcare and education, the digital society and urban material flows.
Making technology & society more open, fair and inclusive
MAKE is looking for an experienced
Project & Concept Developer (m/f/x)
for art-science, material and maker-research
Location: Waag, Nieuwmarkt and Pinto House, St. Antoniebreestraat
Reports to: Head of Programme Make
Culture and values of Waag
Waag is committed to creating an open, fair and inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome to share their experiences and ideas. We celebrate and value the diversity of cultural backgrounds, perspectives and networks of our current and future employees.
Diversity is crucial to make technology & society more open, fair and inclusive. Therefore, we specifically encourage candidates of all cultural backgrounds, genders, sexualities, neurotypes and abilities to apply.
Summary of the role
As project and concept developer for art-science, material and maker research, you are responsible for the development as well as execution of art-science projects.
As a project developer, you will develop new project opportunities, write proposals and communicate with partners.
As a concept developer, you will execute activities on selected art-science projects, organise events and write about project outcomes.
Within the MAKE group, you will contribute to the novel understandings of collaborative making practices and general Waag research agenda.
Primary focus is on project development. As a project developer, you will:
- develop and write project proposals based on the research agenda of Make (a.o. art-science, life science, critical making);
- seek funding and strategic partnerships for the projects;
- maintain good relationships with partners and funders.
As a concept developer, you will:
- translate project plans into concepts, experiences and stories that match the objectives of Waag and involved stakeholders;
- setup, coordinate and execute co-creation workshops, art-science residencies, pilots, public events and research surveys;
- contribute to further development of collaborative art-science methodologies;
- write public texts about the novel developments in art-science;
- write more formal reports and project deliverables;
- collaborate with team members, external communities and stakeholders.
Skills & experience
- You have at least five years of relevant experience in creative or critical research practices.
- You have at least three years of funding experience.
- You have at least a degree in higher applied education or university education (HBO/WO).
- You are able to write in and speak both English and Dutch excellently.
- You are able to communicate clearly.
- You are enterprising and creative.
- You have affinity with, and sensibility for collaborative, creative and critical research and innovation practices, and emerging societal, technological and environmental challenges.
- You are open, fair and inclusive.
- You are able to maintain peace and overview, even in busy periods.
- You are intrinsically driven and able to develop creative ideas.
- You are friendly, cooperative and work well in teams.
- You are able to work in an organised and structured way.
- A challenging position with plenty of room for personal initiative in an informal organization in which cooperation is the starting point.
- A learning organisation that offers room for personal development.
- An excellent and collegial working atmosphere in a close-knit team.
- The work locations are our two historic buildings Huis de Pinto and the Waag, right in the centre of Amsterdam.
- Salary indication € 3,000 – 3,800 per month, based on a 40-hour working week.
Deadline for applications: August 30, 2020.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.