MORENTZ in Waalwijk zoekt een 20th Century Design Specialist / Art historian voor 40 uur per week | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Fulltime | Sluitingsdatum: 30-05-2020
We are MORENTZ, a fast-growing international gallery specialized in 20th-century collectible design. We are located in a monumental, historic building from the 1930s which was once used as a shoe factory. Over the past 14 years, MORENTZ has been able to curate one of the most extensive collections of international 20th-century design. Each piece of design is carefully selected, checked for condition, restored and researched. Subsequently, pieces are offered for sale via our gallery space as well as our international (online) sale channels.
Our customers are leading interior designers, architects, private collectors, museums and general design enthusiasts from all over the world who, just like us, are looking for unique and extraordinary pieces. With our extensive team of approx. 50 experts (craftsmen, art historians, photographers, graphic designers, design specialists) we are always willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with an excellent customer service journey in their quest for their new favorite design icons. We aim to exceed our client’s expectations during every step of this journey. To actualize this ambition relationship management and detailed product information are key. New design pieces are being added to the collection every day. These, often unique pieces, deserve to be extensively researched, catalogued and photographed so that they can be flagged to suitable clients and design aficionados by our sales advisors. You work amidst the collection and as such are constantly surrounded by the best art furniture items from the past century. As we are growing rapidly and want to ensure our clients receive the right product information (which includes a description as well as an overview of the historic context in which a certain piece was created), we are looking for 20th-century design specialists and art historians to strengthen our team.
Do you love design, have a trained eye for materials and techniques, have knowledge of 20th-century design, art and/or architecture and most importantly are curious about our industry? Then we can’t wait for you to show us your talents.
20th Century Design Specialist / Art historian
40 hours per week
- Conducting research, creating content and developing insights about the pieces we acquire. Your insights and advice will be used for (commercial) item descriptions, photography instructions, certificates and export licenses, catalogues, publications and leading (inter)national art and design fairs.
- Assisting our international client base of interior designers, architects, collectors, and design lovers to realize their dreams and projects. You are an expert of design and are always able to provide our clients with advice our inspiration.
- Expanding our client portfolio, both nationally and internationally, and growing those relationships.
- Playing a curatorial role in the design of exhibitions, collections and art fair selections.
- Being responsible for managing, designing and recording (sub) collections in our (digital) library.
- Documenting and archiving our ever-growing collections.
- Conducting research for restoration and conservation of 20th-century design.
- Serving as a guide and offering personal advice as well as gallery tours to our international clients.
- Representing MORENTZ at art shows and exhibitions.
- You have a strong historical awareness and are able to pass on your knowledge about design in general or individual pieces to your colleagues internally and clients externally.
Are you (also) sales-driven?
Then perhaps consider applying for the role of Sales advisor 20th Century Design / Art too. We believe that individuals with the right passion for design and an art historical background could very well be best-suited to help our clients all over the world with their design acquisitions.
- You are enthusiastic and have a strong work ethic.
- You are able to work in a structured and organized manner, with an eye for detail.
- You are willing to go above and beyond, you are a perfectionist.
- You have (recently) graduated from a higher professional education (HBO) or similar.
- You have an affinity for managing projects.
- You are an expert at working with the MS office package (particularly Excel).
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English; Any other language is a plus.
- You are a team player.
- You can handle responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- You have a background in 20th-century design, art or architecture and experience with historical research.
- You are hugely passionate and curious about the world of art and design.
What we offer
A challenging and rewarding research role working with a unique product; 20th-century collectible design). Your research efforts will allow our sales team to inspire and advise our clients the best way they know-how. Your role will directly impact the success of our ambitious and flourishing company MORENTZ is dynamic and energetic and belongs to the absolute top of the international design galleries. You will be working with enthusiastic colleagues who will share your passion for 20th-century design and art. We offer a highly competitive salary with additional benefits. This role is 40 hours per week. We love to see our new talents start sooner rather than later.
At MORENTZ we have an open office culture in which everyone is easily approachable. We strongly believe in teamwork and in helping each other out when needed. We are young, diverse, enthusiastic and above all collegial. You can truly be yourself; we judge people only on their talents. We work hard every day driven by our shared passion for 20th-century design. Within our unique start-up culture, we acknowledge what is really important and that is our team. A healthy lunch will be provided every day, and our team building days (twice a year) are unparalleled.
Would you like to apply or want more information?
Has the above piqued your interest and would you like to find out more? Then please apply via our web page. Please only apply if you meet the above-mentioned requirements. Any further questions? Take a look at our website and webshop. Applications with the most suitable CV and most inspiring letter of interest will be processed and invited for on-site interviews.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.