Primephonic in Amsterdam zoekt een Catalog Intern voor 24-40 uur per week | Vacature voor een Leertraject, Stageplaats, Werkervaringsplaats | Sluitingsdatum: geen
Primephonic is a fast-growing music streaming service that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. By building an app dedicated entirely to classical music, we reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Classical music lovers are currently heavily undeserved in the digital space, which is why it’s our mission to build a better future for the genre by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, available to stream in the highest audio quality with world-leading search functionality built bespoke for classical music.
Our app is underpinned by a payout model which sees classical musicians paid in a fairer way than traditional services. Primephonic launched its streaming service (iOS, Android and web) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands in September 2018. Since August 2019, Primephonic is available in over 150 countries. With offices in New York City and Amsterdam, our rapidly growing team is home to 30+ classical music lovers of twenty different nationalities. Primephonic has been covered by among others The New York Times, the LA Times and the Financial Times.
24-40 hours per week
Primephonic is developing the most extensive classical music streaming catalogue in the world. The unique nature of classical music requires us to codify the recorded compositions and create a distinguished database of the respective composers, works and artists. As truly enjoying classical music goes beyond listening, Primephonic is also developing a digital encyclopedia on these albums and works. We are looking for interns to help us on our mission to develop the most comprehensive classical music catalogue out there.
As our intern you will be analysing and classifying classical music repertoire data and enriching the metadata around the compositions. We encourage our catalogue team members to explore the classical recordings on our platform and have deep dives on particular genres, eras, artists, composers, conductors etc. and create content that makes the recordings easily accessible for an average listener. As a team we have frequently changing projects that you can participate depending on your personal interests and your learning curve. The internship will enable you to research and learn about hundreds of classical works you may never have even heard about and to increase your understanding of the history of classical music!
🧐 Preferred candidate
- Passion for classical music.
- Understanding of terminology in classical music (e.g. works, movements, conductors).
- Comfortable with digital information systems.
- Is fluent in written and spoken English and one of these other languages: Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese.
- Preferred startdate March 4th 2020.
🚀 Why join us
- You will get a non sugarcoateded insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- You will join a very international young team. We do host over 20+ nationalities in our office.
- Great internship compensation package, including fresh cooked lunch, masterclasses, TedXClassical and last but not least Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- You will be asked to participate in the daily stand-ups where you can show your music knowledge or share other great ideas.
- Attending live demos of the product by the Tech-Team.
- Face to face internship support by our Catalog Team.
- Gross base fulltime allowance of € 500,-.
- Travel allowance.
- Flexibility on timing: 4-6 months, 3-5 days.
- Last but not least: free half year subscription to the Primephonic app!
📱 Get in touch with us today!
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.