The British Council in Amsterdam zoekt een Head of Education voor 36 uur per week | Vacature voor een Betaalde functie, Fulltime | Sluitingsdatum: 05-01-2020
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language and education. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council’s overseas operations are organised through seven regions, of which the British Council’s EU Europe region is one. The region is further broken down into management clusters, with British Council Netherlands operating within the Northwest Cluster of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. In the Nordic countries we deliver our cultural relations work digitally; developing and delivering a strong digital presence is a key feature of our work across all the countries we work in.
We are recruiting a Head of Education to manage and provide leadership to British Council’s Education strategic business unit in the Netherlands (Education, Youth and Skills), to ensure implementation of and contribution to the EU regional strategy.
Head of Education
36 hours per week
- To develop and implement a strategic direction and delivery model that improves our understanding of the Dutch Higher Education sector including its priorities, pressures and changes with a view to develop lasting and impactful partnerships that are of mutual benefit in terms of internationalisation, public engagement, insights & research, mobility, diversity and accessibility;
- The main challenge for the next period in the Netherlands, in the context of the uncertainty around UK’s exit from the EU, will be to support and develop a strong UK-country bilateral relationship through developing and strengthening networks and partnerships in a way which ensures the future sustainability of our Education work;
- To develop and deliver a strategic business plan for the Education work in the Netherlands;
- To manage the Education work in the Netherlands including the line management of relevant staff and successful delivery of activities;
- To ensure implementation of and contribution to the EU regional strategy;
- To ensure a focus on impact and results; and an effective monitoring and evaluation approach, to set and achieve challenging targets;
- To be accountable for the management of risk and delivery of agreed performance targets;
- To support and grow a wide and deep network of Higher Education (HE) stakeholder institutions and other education partners across the Netherlands;
- Development of a thorough understanding of the country context and identification of opportunities for the British Council to make a difference in Education for the UK and the Netherlands;
- As a member of the Netherlands Country Leadership team, represent and contribute to the success of the British Council’s work in the Netherlands overall;
- To ensure that diversity and inclusion is championed within all education work.
How to apply
Please complete the online application process via our jobs portal by Sunday 5 January 2020 (23:59 GMT).
Interviews will be held on 9 and 10 January 2020.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Meer informatie over de organisatie: zie onze website.