Vacature | Organisatie: Codarts Hogeschool voor de kunsten | Functie: Teacher for Cello | Plaats: Rotterdam | Omvang: to be determined | Sluitingsdatum: 20/05/2019
Codarts is an international university of the arts, firmly rooted in Rotterdam, offering high-quality professional art education in the fields of music, dance and circus arts. We have around 1,000 students of 65 nationalities and around 370 employees.
Due the expansion within the Classical Music department of Codarts are we looking for a:
Teacher for Cello
Starting date: 1st of September 2019
Number of hours: to be determined
Teaching at Codarts
During the main subject lessons, teachers prepare the student for the professional working field by training technical skills, providing knowledge and guiding the student in finding their own creative, artistic and entrepreneurial identity.
Apart from the main subject lessons, teachers are part of the Codarts community. They are working together with other teachers to safeguard the vision of the institute) and are part of the ‘team around the artist’ (a network around the students, consisting of teachers, study coaches, health department e.a.).
Our ideal candidate
- Has a strong reputation and extensive experience in performance of solo works and/or chamber music and/or symphonic repertoire;
- Has affinity with the students and has demonstrable pedagogical/teaching abilities;
- Has experience with and knowledge of higher music education, nationally and internationally;
- Is a musical personality with great artistic ability and has extensive knowledge of repertoire;
- Holds a strong international network;
- Has an inquisitive attitude;
- Contributes to the musical diversity within the environment of Codarts;
- Holds a Master of Music or equivalent diploma;
- Is proficient in English;
- Is open to educational innovation;
- Shows commitment to issues regarding the diverse student population;
- Shows affinity with the mission and vision of Codarts.
Conditions of employment
- The actual scale partly depends on qualifications and experience.
- A temporary contract for 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
- Appointment and remuneration are in accordance with the collective agreement for higher professional vocational education cao-hbo.
- Attractive conditions pension (ABP), opportunities for further study and collective health insurance.
- For further information about the position please contact Wim Vos, email@example.com.
- For further information about the application procedure please contact our HR team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An interview and trial lesson will be part of the application procedure.
- Letters accompanied by a detailed CV and link to recordings of performances can be sent to the Executive Board of Codarts by email@example.com.
- The deadline for application is May 20, 2019. After this date a first selection will be made. The interviews, including a trial lesson, will be held in the first week of June, 2019.