Vacature | Organisatie: European Cultural Foundation | Functie: Office Manager | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 1.0 fte | Sluitingsdatum: 14/12/2018
The European Cultural Foundation is an independent, impact driven organisation with nearly 65 years of experience. We catalyse, connect and communicate civil society initiatives in arts and culture to work together for an open, democratic and inclusive Europe. We support cultural changemakers through grants, exchanges, and incubator programmes. Our annual ECF Princess Margriet Award for Culture highlights culture as a force for positive change. We connect people to people, the local to the European, and grassroots to policy.
To support the smooth functioning of the organisation we are looking for someone who loves to ‘oil the wheels’, to be our next
1 fte | 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 14 December 2018
Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension, 1 fte (5 days)
Start date: as soon as possible / January 2019
Role and tasks
You are responsible for the ‘front office’ of the organisation, and for making our communal spaces welcoming and easy to work in. In this vital role you support the work of all our teams by handling incoming communication, welcoming visitors, and sometimes providing light
admin support. You initiate improvements which will contribute to this task.
You will be responsible for the following tasks, reporting to the Manager HR and Facilities:
- Ensuring a smooth-running front office, handling incoming phonecalls, mail, responding to information request by e-mail, and welcoming visitors.
- Taking care of communal meeting spaces (including kitchen) and ensuring the basics are in place for the colleagues to help them fulfill ECF’s goals, this includes managing bookings and preparing coffee and tea, but also looking for ways to keep the spaces fresh and up to date.
- Keeping the intranet and library up to date; ensuring our filing systems are properly used.
- Administer travel safety policy and provide admin support and travel bookings for colleagues when needed, and coordination of IT support tasks when needed.
- Relationship management with travel providers, office suppliers.
- Arranging catering and taking care of the organisation when there are events at the office, and organise a weekly lunch for staff.
- Ad hoc projects as required by the organisation or initiated by you (e.g. office makeovers, a refresh of our intranet, etc…).
- Have some work or voluntary work experience which is relevant for the role;
- Are self-confident and an assertive communicator in English and in Dutch;
- Are service-minded and enjoy putting new ideas forward and making the impossible possible;
- Are stress-resistant and able to juggle multiple priorities;
- Are comfortable working with IT tools, particularly Microsoft Office;
- Work with integrity and respect for privacy;
- Are motivated to work in a not-for-profit environment.
- A stimulating, international, committed working environment in which initiative and personal development are strongly encouraged;
- A contract for 5 days (37.5 hours) a week, for 1 year with a possibility of extending;
- Salary ranging from € 2,036 to € 2,692 gross per month, on a full-time basis with 13th month, and benefits package.
You must have a valid work permit for the Netherlands (according to Dutch Labour Law).
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, (cultural) background, people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply. Please note that our building is currently not wheelchair accessible.
Please apply in English by e-mail, enclosing a CV and motivation letter to Gulzar Aslan, HR Advisor (email@example.com) at the latest on 14 December 2018. The interviews will be carried out in mid-January and will consist of 2 interview rounds.
We will check social media sources you submit in your application.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles, we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised date without notice.
NB: living in Amsterdam is very expensive and accommodation can be hard to find. Please consider this when applying from outside The Netherlands.