Stage-vacature | Organisatie: Primephonic B.V. | Functie: Catalog Intern | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 24-40 uur | Sluitingsdatum: 26/03/2018
Primephonic is a digital music start-up that has been dubbed by the media as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. With the best 100% classical music streaming service we seek to reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre.
Classical music lovers are currently heavily underserved in the digital space, we have the ambition to change this by offering the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, with the highest audio quality and the best search in the industry. At the same time, we also pay out classical artists in a fairer way.
Primephonic launched its streaming service (Apple and Android) in the United States, United Kingdom and The Netherlands this Fall. Our global roll out is planned for 2019.
Based in Amsterdam, with a commercial office in New York City, our rapidly growing team is home to over 20 classical music lovers of ten different nationalities.
Primephonic is developing the most extensive classical music streaming catalogue in the world. The unique nature of classical music requires us to codify the recorded compositions and create a distinguished database of the respective composers, works and artists. As truly enjoying classical music goes beyond listening, Primephonic is also developing a digital encyclopedia on these albums and works. We are looking for interns to help us on our mission to develop the most comprehensive classical music catalogue out there.
As our intern you will be analysing and classifying classical music repertoire data and enriching the metadata around the compositions. We encourage our catalogue team members to explore the classical recordings on our platform and have deep dives on particular genres, eras, artists, composers, conductors et cetera and create content that makes the recordings easily accessible for an average listener. As a team we have frequently changing projects that you can participate depending on your personal interests and your learning curve. The internship will enable you to research and learn about hundreds of classical works you may never have even heard about and to increase your understanding of the history of classical music!
- Passion for classical music.
- Understanding of terminology in classical music (e.g. works, movements, conductors).
- Comfortable with digital information systems.
Why join us
- You will get a non-sugarcoated insight in the world of streaming services and the way we disrupt the market.
- You will join a very international young team. We do host over 10 nationalities in our office.
- Great internship compensation package, including free and fresh cooked lunch, masterclasses, monthly office outings and last but not least Friday afternoon drinks with live music in our office!
- You will be asked to participate in the daily stand-ups where you can show your music knowledge or share other great ideas.
- Attending live demos of the product by the IT-Team.
- Face to face internship support by our Catalog Team.
- Gross base fulltime allowance of € 500,-.
- 50% Travel allowance.
- Flexibility on timing: 4-6 months, 3-5 days.
- Last but not least: free half year subscription to the Primephonic app!
Let’s connect today!