Stage-vacature | Organisatie: Verbier Art Summit | Functie: Communications Intern | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 30 hours | Sluitingsdatum: 30/04/2018
The Verbier Art Summit connects thought leaders to key figures in the art world and creates a platform for discourse, innovation and change in a non-transactional context. It is an independent initiative organised by a non-profit association in partnership with a yearly rotating international museum director. The annual Verbier Art Summit is a global arts event taking place every January in an inspirational environment: Verbier, Switzerland.
Influential artists, curators, museum directors (both contemporary and historical), private and corporate collectors, art historians / critics, gallerists, art consultants, and academics are part of our platform and meet annually over a long weekend for an interactive programme. New insights are generated at the Summit’s inspirational talks, and innovative ideas are created at our intimate debates.
The 2018 Verbier Art Summit was curated by museum director Daniel Birnbaum of Moderna Museet, Stockholm on the theme More than Real: Art in the Digital Age. The inspiration and insight generated at the Summit is transformed into a print publication, featuring contributions from speakers at the annual event, which is distributed globally. The publication is designed by Irma Boom and distributed by Koenig Books, London. The 2018 Summit publication will be launched in June 2018 in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Verbier Art Summit team consists of a small international group of five people who, despite their diverse fields of background, share a passion for art.
The Verbier Art Summit is looking for a
What do we offer?
The Summit team has an opportunity for four days a week (7.5 hours each day), for a total of 30 hours per week. General office hours are 9.30am-5.30pm based in an inspiring work place in Amsterdam. This internship starts on 1 April 2018 and is for a period of minimum four months, but preferably (and maximum!) six months. A modest remuneration of € 250 per month is applicable. We offer a multi-disciplinary international team with decentralised authority, and plenty of experience in project and event management, communication and PR.
What are your responsibilities?
You will join our team in Amsterdam & be responsible for:
- Communication to the general public about the Verbier Art Summit publication and event, including assistance on newsletters, programme booklets, and the Summit website.
- Create social media content (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube).
- Assistance in project management of the book design process, publication, and launch.
- Event management for summer Summit talk in Verbier in July.
- Organisation of the annual Summit event in Verbier in January, including topic research, logistics of the programme, and communication to fifteen keynote speakers and 150 members; and
- Research and implementation of ‘Summit app’ to be used during event.
What are we looking for?
- Higher Professional Education (University or HBO in the Netherlands for example, this could be a Master’s or 3rd year Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Cultural Heritage, Museum Studies, Marketing & Communication, Business, Event Management, or Hospitality).
- Strong organisational, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Creative at problem-solving and ability to perform well under deadlines.
- Self-starting, proactive and comfortable in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Strong computer skills and with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Fluent in English; and
- Knowledge and passion for art is highly appreciated.
How do we operate?
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leading in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.