Vacature | Organisatie: NOOR | Functie: Development Manager | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 40 uur | Sluitingsdatum: 01/04/2018
Since its establishment in 2007, as both a photo agency and foundation, the international roster of NOOR’s accomplished and award-winning member photographers have documented civil and political unrest, environmental issues, war, famine, and natural disasters throughout the globe. It is an abiding commitment to the fundamental power of photography to bear witness to the struggle for human rights and social justice that form the principles of NOOR.
NOOR – an Arabic word meaning light – seeks to contribute to a growing understanding of the world by producing independent visual reports that stimulate positive social change and impact views on issues of global concern.
NOOR seek a dynamic, revenue-focused and strategically minded
to ensure the successful delivery of NOOR’s mission through effective development and operational excellence.
The NOOR team in Amsterdam is a young, diverse and creative group of individuals and we are looking for an eager and hard-working person.
As a full member of the team, you will gain hands on experience and work towards the delivery of the team’s end product: Creating global impact through visual stories with integrity and passion.
For more info visit – www.noorimages.com.
You will work with members of the NOOR Team and your Position role exists to create business opportunities and sales from existing content and other activities for NOOR
- Support the growth and development of NOOR.
- Packaging and developing strategies to repurpose and reuse existing NOOR content, through Editorial, Exhibition, NGO’s, Campaigns, Publishing, Film and large individual and group projects Implement strategic initiatives to achieve revenue targets.
- Maintain and expand NOOR Educational program and activities.
- Develop fundraising strategies and co-writing project proposals to provide visibility and profits with existing NOOR content.
- Actively contribute and support the Managing Director in the strategy development of NOOR shop.
- Price negotiation, budget preparation and overview, evaluation of the project, overseeing project-management process, actively selling and promoting archive work, giving a ‘new life’ to NOOR’s existing work.
- Apply new revenue models and business opportunities including developing marketing strategy for the NOOR shop.
- Initiate and oversee origination and touring of exhibitions and accompanying book publications.
- Establish an operational plan incorporating goals and objectives that support the achievement of NOOR’s strategic directions.
- You possess demonstrated sales experience.
- You have a strong interest in business / photography / visual arts / cultural management / marketing / media.
- You have excellent communication skills to engage new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients, while ensuring ethical and quality placement of NOOR content across various platforms.
- You are a quick-thinking self-starter who has the ability to multitask.
- You are creative, well organized and have a good eye for details. You have an ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude.
- You are expert in Office and Creative Software.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. A second language would be an asset.
NOOR is a collective uniting a select group of highly accomplished photojournalists documenting, investigating and witnessing our world.
We offer a position with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. We would like you to start on 1 May 2018. Working hours can be somewhat flexible depending on events, but on average you will work 40hours per week.
NOOR wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society.
This position is at the moment only open to EU citizens or individuals with existing valid work permit for the EU.
This position is in Amsterdam – The Netherlands.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact NOOR Office – 00 31 20 21 42 040 – email@example.com.
Please respond in English by 1 April 2018 and submit both your CV and a letter of motivation (as a PDF).
Terms and Conditions
Salary: € 30 – 35k depending on experience.
8% holiday allowance.
Contract: 1 year renewal.