Vacature | Organisatie: Unseen | Functie: Head of VIP | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 24-40 hours a week | Sluitingsdatum: 27/11/2017
Unseen Amsterdam is the annual international photography event based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Unseen focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
Unseen is looking for a Head of VIP to join the team.
Head of VIP
24-40 hours a week
We are an established international photography platform dedicated to new photography, based in Amsterdam yet known around the world for our continued efforts to push the boundaries of a traditional photography fair. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and dynamic team player who can help take Unseen into new unchartered territories.
As Head of VIP, you will be responsible for the overall management of all VIP activities and relations both at Unseen Amsterdam and across the Unseen network of activities. You will be in charge of creating the VIP Unlimited programme, coordinating the Unseen Circle members (Unseen’s patrons) and identifying and engaging with new potential members nationally and internationally.
The Head of VIP will focus on expanding Unseen’s network in regards to art world professionals, collectors and important national and international external relations, and identifying new and exciting ways to engage and cultivate existing and new VIP clients.
You will be responsible for managing the dedicated VIP budget and the VIP database.
You will oversee the VIP team, providing them with a defined strategy and managing their progress. You will work closely with the Business and Artistic Director to define a new and innovative strategy for the upcoming edition.
In addition to building on the success of Unseen Amsterdam, you will also play a key role in defining the mission of Unseen as a brand and exploring opportunities for Unseen in the future.
- University degree and at least 3 years of experience in a commercial or cultural organisation managing high net worth clients
- Has experience working within the art market and holds a strong international network including private, institutional and corporate collectors
- Excellent social, organisational and communicative skills
- Languages required are English and Dutch. German and French in addition desirable
- Demonstrable experienced of leadership and managing a team
- Keen initiative taker, and can work independently as well as in a team
- Open to travel
- Familiar with CRM systems and well acquainted with the most recent online marketing tools
We offer a competitive salary. This is initially a 12-month position, for between 24 – 40 hours a week. Hours to be discussed. Position available from the 1st of January 2018.
Deadline for submissions is the 27th of November 2017. Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mirjam ten Have, firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the position via the email address provided or call +31(0)6 46 10 98 68.