Vacature | Organisatie: Primephonic | Functie: CTO | Plaats: Amsterdam / Baarn | Omvang: fulltime (in overleg) | Sluitingsdatum: 31/12/2017
Primephonic is a Dutch start-up that is dubbed as ‘the Spotify of classical music’. Primephonic is a 100% classical music digital streaming platform and high-definition download store. It was founded in 2014 as a direct response to the urgent challenges and opportunities following the digital revolution within the classical music industry.
Primephonic seeks to reinvent the digital classical music experience and reignite a global passion for the genre. Our ambition is to reach the currently underserved classical music listeners with the world’s most extensive classical music catalogue, higher quality audio, and industry-leading search technology based on our unique classical meta database. In this way we enable more people to listen more often to more classical music in a more enriching way, whilst at the same time reversing the declining revenue trend in the classical music industry to create more funding for talent and artistic development.
During the last 3 years, Primephonic has developed its platform, unique meta database and catalogue, which have gone live this summer in the US and the UK. Next year(s) we will grow our product offering substantially and roll out globally.
Primephonic is looking for a
chief technology officer
THE ROLE AND ITS RESPONSIBILITIES
The CTO role is a new one for Primephonic. So far, Primephonic has mostly outsourced both the development and the maintenance of its platform. However, due to our increasing ambitions regarding product development, catalogue size, content, etc. we need to increase our inhouse expertise and knowledge. Our new CTO therefore will:
- Drive product and/or feature launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Coordinate internal requests for changes in site and platform from marketing, content curation and UX teams
- Ensure right priorities, budget and quality delivery of our outsource partners in the short term
- Develop the optimal IT architecture and landscape, including inhouse vs outsource mix in the medium term
- Negotiate the right contract and incentives with our outsource partners and other providers
- Support partnerships with eg hardware companies and implement interfaces
- Scan the world of technology for disruptive technologies and its threats and opportunities in the longer term
- Manage the platform and audio teams (8-10 FTE) and their budgets
The CTO will be part of our leadership team and report directly to the CEO.
- Min. 7 years of experience in a leading digital and technology function
- Several years of team leadership experience
- Experience with vendor management and contracting
- Experience with managing large data pools
- Up to date knowledge on key technology trends
- Experience in streaming and a passion for classical music are certainly helpful, but not absolutely necessary
- Industry-confirmed salary
- Attractive stock option plan
- Dynamic start-up team with strong growth opportunities
- No overhead, no bureaucracy, no legacy: unlimited opportunity to create from scratch
- A very energetic and disruptive environment, in the middle of the digital revolution
- Opportunity to work in a very international team and context
If you are interested, please apply via email to: email@example.com.