Stage-vacature | Organisatie: Verbier Art Summit | Functie: Intern | Plaats: Amsterdam | Omvang: 30 uur | Sluitingsdatum: geen
The annual Verbier Art Summit is an exclusive global event where arts meet the most innovative thought leaders. It provides an alternative approach to fostering and shaping a global dialogue on the visual arts in a non-transactional context.
Hundred and fifty influential artists, curators, museum directors (both contemporary and historical), private and corporate collectors, art historians/ critics, gallerists and art consultants are invited to join our platform and meet over a long weekend at the second week of January 2018 in Verbier. New insights are generated at the Summit’s inspirational talks, and innovative ideas are created at our intimate debates.
The Verbier Art Summit is an independent initiative organised by a non-profit association in partnership with a yearly rotating museum director, which is Daniel Birnbaum of Moderna Museet, Stockholm, for 2018. The 2018 Summit theme is More than Real: Art in the Digital Age.
The Verbier Art Summit is looking for an
What do we offer?
The Summit team has an opportunity for 4 days a week (7.5 hours each day), for a total of 30 hours per week. General office hours are 10am-5.30pm. based in an inspiring work place in Amsterdam and partly in Verbier from 16 October 2017 to 16 February 2018 (for example minimum 4 months, maximum of 6 months). A modest remuneration of € 250,- per month is applicable. We offer a multi-disciplinary international team with decentralised authority, and plenty of experience in project and event management, communication and PR.
What are your responsibilities?
You will join our team in Amsterdam & be responsible for:
- Organisation of the annual Summit event in Verbier in January, including assistance on logistics of the exclusive morning debate groups, communication to 15 keynote speakers and 150 members regarding their individual programme, and managing the 6 volunteers in Verbier;
- Communication to the general public about the Verbier Art Summit, including assistance on newsletters, programme booklets, social media and the Summit website;
- First point of contact to the 150 members who will join our 2018 Summit, including communication, administration, implementing and updating the member info in database Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and dealing with questions by email & telephone.
What are we looking for?
- Higher Professional Education (University or HBO in the Netherlands for example, this could be a Master’s or 3rd year Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Cultural Heritage, Museum Studies, Marketing & Communication, Business, Event Management, or Hospitality);
- Strong organisational, communication and writing skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously;
- Creative at problem-solving and ability to perform well under deadlines;
- Self-starting, proactive and comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills and with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluent in English, and preferably strong in French; and
- Knowledge and passion for art is highly desirable.
How do we operate?
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leading in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
Contact details: Anneliek Sijbrandij | firstname.lastname@example.org | 00316 83709034